Fast Food Baby

Options
jen_zz
jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
Has anyone seen this BBC documentary? What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG-4H6EqlZ4

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Posting to save for later. (:
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump save for later.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i've watched this, more than once.
    and its quite interesting. I couldn't eat fast every single day like they do or feed my child fast food..
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    So basically a documentary on bad parenting?
  • mheath1293
    mheath1293 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A 19 month old drinking 6 cans of soda a day honestly boggles my mind.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    A 19 month old drinking 6 cans of soda a day honestly boggles my mind.

Woah. This sounds a good documentary to make myself feel like a rockstar parent. ;-)

But seriously, I hope this documentary is a catalyst for change in these kids' lives. Will watch later.
  • llstacy
    llstacy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump for after work viewing.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I thought it showed how little preparedness parents have for when our children transition to solid food. They can't eat the junky adult food because it is lacking nutritionally, but kids don't want the healthy kids food. Kids learn from example and if we stop presenting them with negative choices just to quiet them they can't learn to expect them.

Parenting is no easy task and the more education and tools that are available, the better. I enjoyed the film overall.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options

nod.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but no. These people are f*cking idiots. I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes--my yelling at my computer screen was upsetting the dogs.
  • SergeantG
    Options
    I thought it showed how little preparedness parents have for when our children transition to solid food. They can't eat the junky adult food because it is lacking nutritionally, but kids don't want the healthy kids food. Kids learn from example and if we stop presenting them with negative choices just to quiet them they can't learn to expect them.

OMG....interesting point....that is exactly what I go through with my children (and I have 5 of them)...transitioning to solids is like a nightmare for me...I'm always standing in the store aisle like a monkey doing a math problem, scratching my head and thinking "what the hell can I feed them??!!"
    Its so confusing sometimes, and I'm always afraid of what I'm putting in thier mouths, too much sugar, too much salt, too processed, too associated with allergies, blah blah blah....so, sometimes I just give in and stop for french fries...:ohwell:

(but only like every other week!!)
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Posting to save for later. (:

love your pikachu ticker
  • daftthoughts
    Options
    A toddler who consumes 3,200 calories a day...... Holy wow. Just no.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I thought this program was absolutely infuriating and I don't even have kids! That teenage mom who had a HEART ATTACK who's never fed her 3 year old anything but soda and fast food, the mom who didn't want to get her kitchen dirty and the father sneaking fast food behind her back... Argh! The whole program was just outrageous.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options

nod.
    Exactly. I'd even venture to say it bordered on abusive -- their diets were that unbalanced.
  • yinxuehui1983
    yinxuehui1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    not seen it before but I sure will this weekend. From the other posters, I'll probably end up feeling angry and outraged too.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    OMG - I'm about 2 minutes in and I can't believe these people. Your baby can only eat what you give him - how can they say they have no control over what their baby eats?! UGH! CPS should take these poor babies away.
  • OhNoSheDidnt
    OhNoSheDidnt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    TL;DW