75 pounds to lose & want encouraging friends for the journey

Options
I am 46 year old mother of 3 and have struggled with my weight since college.
Gradually gained weight and am ashamed to say am now over 200.
Want to make a lifestyle commitment to healthy eating & exercise.
Have 2 daughters learning my eating & activity habits and want
to be a good example & show them how to make good choices.
Looking for friends to share the journey and keep me going!

Replies

• goingtobeskinnyandfit
    Options
    You can totally do this! Add me if you want <3
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am on this site to get help and learn from each others story. I am here for the long haul and I have a lot of weight to lose but I am taking it one day at a time and have great friends on here who motivate me. So good luck with your journey!
  • MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    Options
    Hello there! Feel free to add me...I try to log in every day, and know first hand that setting the example works wonders! My 14 yr old son ate liver and onions for the first time two nights ago...and ACTUALLY liked it! :)

The best thing is to recognize it is a process, with ups and downs, but like the goingtobeskinnyandfit said, You can totally do this!
  • hmhteacher
    hmhteacher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as well. I'm on most days. I, too have two daughters and have completely changed they way we eat in our house. My girls have also started exercising with me. Especially my youngest (12). She is a swimmer and plays competitive soccer. We are going to run two 5Ks together this fall.
  • loraine518
    loraine518 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, I too have a lot of weight to lose and would like help and support from others, especially when its tough going. :smile:
    I have changed the way we eat and want my daughter to learn to eat healthily and not have the battle with food that I have had over many years.
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Another mom here, to two little boys. I am here for much the same reason, although have more to lose than you do. :-)
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi :) feel free to add me.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi -- feel free to add me too. :smile:
  • lemertsedlak
    lemertsedlak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I still have quite a ways to go in my journey, and am happy to finish it with all of you. Let's do it!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request. In the same boat 70-75 to lose. Two kids that have bad habits. I have to change myself first....
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 70lbs and am here everyday. I still have 30-40 to loose. I have 3 children all grown. (I'm 52) 2 sons and a daughter. A son-in-law and daughter-in-law. My son in law has lost 40lbs from seeing me loose. It's hard work and I love to encourage and comment good jobs accomplished. And love to receive comments and encouragement in return. I'm almost a solid year logging in daily. I've been here since Feb 2012. Good luck you can achieve your goals.
  • romanticbarbie
    romanticbarbie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how having encouraging friends help in the process. Always remember........it doesnt happen overnight, if you fall get right back up and get back to what you were doing the day before. I had 60lbs to lose after my 2nd child and now I have 30lbs to go. I have fallen off for about a month now but I keep trying. Good Luck in your journey!!
  • Metamorphoo
    Metamorphoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! This is something where I have seen the power of group accountability in action...:-)
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I'm on a similar journey myself.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Incidentally, anyone else on here who wants to add me is more than welcome to.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm not really trying to lose weight. I did lose 40 pounds about 3 years ago. Way to go to change your habits to be a good role model for your children. Getting the whole family involved in eating healthier will serve everyone well in the first time. Good luck to you!
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    That's really cool! I have gotten my children to join 5K races. I hope they will eventually run, but... We do, however, ride our bikes whenever possible around town. Keep up the good work!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That's about how many more pounds I have to go. That is assuming no lean weight lost. So that plus maybe 25 more pounds after lean weight loss is taken into consideration I think. I still haven't found a definitive answer on how much lean weight I can expect to lose.

I think the more you include your kids in on the exercise part of your fitness goals the better. Also I read kids are more interested in eating food they help prepare so maybe get them to help with the healthier dishes to help them want to eat and enjoy them.
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Focus on small goals to get you to your larger goal!