Sugar attack!

Options
ok, so one of the things that i and i know other people struggle with is that damn sweet tooth. i hate it but i never really found something would fix it except candy (not even sweet fruits). but i have found something that you might enjoy along with me.

Honey sticks!!

haha i sound like an infomercial. but thats what you get when you love something so much...lol. but on a seriously note it really has helped me out alot. Now i get mine from my local farmers market but i know that you can find them here for alot. (but it would last) http://www.honeystix.com/HoneyStix/Products_Display.html (dont know how to make link. oh well)

i started with normal honey stick flavors that i snagged from a coffee bean. but these are much better and they are still natural and it only takes 1 or two sticks to fix your sweet tooth. Oh and an added bonus they are only around 20 calories.

anyone else do it this way?

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm I was fondling honey sticks at the Greek Festival yesterday ... I didn't get any but this post makes me think I should have.

I am actually eating 90 Calorie Snickers Ice Cream Mini's and 1 seems to do okay for me every once in a while. I also have been turned on to Skinny Cow ice cream.

I am exhibiting an enormous amount of self control. Before MFP I would have eaten the entire box of Snickers minis (12 @ 90 calories = 1080 calories LOL) in one sitting. Now I am okay with one :)
  • erickamw
    erickamw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was attacked by 2 brownies!!! My co-worker brought brownies and a first I said no, then someone left a blueberry muffin on my desk. WTH I feel like either they are trying to sabotage me or the food is coming after me. So I ate 2 small pieces of brownie and I can not lie, I felt great, they were so good!!!! But thanks to MFP, I do have some self control. I know that I can't have many calories for dinner and I must work out tonight no matter what. The brownies were actually worth what I'm about to put myself thru interms of a work out: 30 Day Shred Level 2. Hopefully I will not be attacked by any sweets tomorrow, wish me luck lol.

Anyone else struggling, just keep working, indulge only a little bit, try harder tomorrow!!
  • itisnot_me
    Options
    our precious sweets are just too good. lol. i could just destroy a thing of soda and a snickers with chips. but it is soo hard to resist. So now i just have the honey sticks.

But one thing that you got to do is leave them out in a place where you are going to see them. if you have them put away then when the sweet tooth comes around you will forget about them. trust me i have done it plenty of times. some times you dont really have a sweet tooth yet but you will eat one cause you will see it. But i dont think i will kill myself over about 20 calories.. haha
  • emeraldee
    Options
    I've never liked honey sticks, but if they work for you thats great! Actually I work at a bakery so it's SO hard to be around all the delicious things while trying to not think about sweets....

Coconut Water is tiding me over. It's nice because it replenishes me better after a workout than water or a diet drink. I also find that getting one day a week to splurge is nice, not too detrimental, and actually works as a motivator to not eat sweets during the week and to work it off when you do eat Them.

And I agree with KarenBorter....Skinny Cow products are delish!
  • emeraldee
    Options
    I've never like honey sticks, but if they work for you thats great! Aactually I work at a bakery so it's SO hard to be around all the delicious things while trying to not think about sweets....

Coconut Water is tiding me over. It's nice because it replenishes me better after a workout than water or a diet drink. I also find that getting one day a week to splurge is nice, not too detrimental, and actually works as a motivator to not eat sweets during the week and to work it off when you do eat Them.

And I agree with KarenBorter....Skinny Cow products are delish!
  • itisnot_me
    Options
    blah slow browser. double post
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So I went online to see what these things are. Never heard of them before. Now I know they are a straw filled with honey, sometimes flavored eg. peach. So is the straw edible or do you just suck the honey out of the straw?
  • itisnot_me
    Options
    yes its in a straw. you suck it out. its fun too. cause you try to get every drop