Yo-yo Weight Loss/Gain

Options
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if this has been happening to anyone else. I started myfitnesspal about a month ago and it was great for the three weeks or so, but then I slacked off and deleted my account and created another one to start over.

About into the second week, it started to look like this: I'd weight myself Monday, see I was a certain weight, then for the next two days I'd be two to four pounds lighter, the day after I'd be three pounds lighter, etc. This went on until after one month, I've only lost 1 pound.

Has this yo-yo weight loss/gain happened to anyone else?

Replies

• Clairemi11s
    Options
    Hi, have been doing this since july but for the last 3weeks I have lost 1lb 1 week then gained it the week after. I havent done as much exercise as i was doing so think that I need to get back into that. But saying that I have managed to get back into jeans a size smaller! x

1421521.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It is normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day. That is why I am not in the camp of those you weigh themselves daily - or even two or more times a day. The important thing is, once you have set your goals in MFP, be consistent about recording EVERYTHING you eat and keeping to the calories set for you, including eating exercise calories. Plan your meals ahead of time and stick to your plan. (Don't just have smaller portions of junk food, actually create fresh vegetables, grains, fruit, lean meat meals.) Also as important, get some form of exercise in every day, whether it be a leisurely walk with the dog or something more vigorous. Make a plan for this exercise and stick to it as conscienciously as your food plan . Then, weigh yourself at the same time, in the same clothes about once a week or even only once every two weeks. In this way, the scale will always go ONE way, and that is down.
  • wendimarlow
    wendimarlow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cbirdso, thank you for your comment. Very good advice that I'll have to take you up on! I'm one of those that is obsessive about the scale. For the first four months, it was always a happy time when I stepped on the scale. Now that I'm closer to my goal weight, it just frustrates me :( Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!