Need help creating a dish!! Recipe Mavens!!!

Options
mommabenefield
mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
Leftovers!

I have zucchini slices, a whole rotisserie chicken, buttermilk

What could i do with all these? Additions welcome, Simple is Best, a Casserole type would be great.

Thanks!!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Myrecipes.com has this neat feature where you can plug in the ingredients you have on hand and it'll give you some recipe suggestions based on what you input. Here's what I came up with for your three

http://search.myrecipes.com/ingredient-chef.html?Ntt="zucchini"+"chicken"+"buttermilk"&N=&qt=zucchini|chicken|buttermilk&spn=

Allrecipes.com has the same search feature but didn't come up with anything for your 3 ingredients. But here's the link anyway in case you want to play around with it:

http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?ms=1&origin=Home Page&qt=i
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do when faced with such a dilemma: google the ingredients and see what pops up. Or, in this case, I googled "buttermilk chicken zucchini casserole." Then, if I don't find what I'm looking for, I remove some of the ingredients and google again. What I found with the first search led me to think, hmmph. I bet I could put chicken in just about any zucchini casserole. So my next search was "zucchini buttermilk casserole" and got to "Light Zucchini Casserole" on Yummly. There's no earthly reason you couldn't add shredded chicken to that. If you don't have biscuit mix at hand, there are lots of recipes online for homemade versions -- basically flour, baking powder, salt & butter.

Google is my cooking buddy -- especially when I have a few ingredients that need using right away. One night I had an eggplant that needed to be used ASAP and a previously baked sweet potato in the same boat. So I googled "eggplant sweet potato recipe" and found lots of recipes for curries, some Thai, some Indian. Who knew? We had a curry for supper and it was delicious!
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Dip zucchini slices in buttermilk and egg white mixture, then panko/parmesan, bake at 400 for 10 min each side. Serve with plain chicken (or jazz up with a sauce - do you have Dijon mustard/honey or agave or brown sugar/smidge olive oil, salt pepper?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    yummly.com is my go to site for plugging in things and seeing what comes out.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    in! this is like Chopped or Iron Chef omg two of my favorite shows!

Make an egg wash with the buttermilk and then coat the chicken in bread crumbs (or almond flour, my favorite) and then make a zucchini pesto, just put the zucchini, some basil, olive oil, and garlic in a blender until it looks like sauce. Then put it over your breaded chicken and bake! You could also add something like skim mozzarella over your chicken, that would be deeelish :) Let us know what you end up making!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Thank You everybody!!!

I REALLY like the idea of turning zucchini into a pesto of sorts ;) I looooove Chopped and Iron Chef too :drinker:

I like the panko idea just dont have any on hand atm

MORE ideas welcome!
  • WiCkeDLoO
    WiCkeDLoO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This burrito .. is amazing ..

http://www.facebook.com/notes/beachbody-fitness-go-to-health-by-independent-team-beachbody-coach-karla/tony-hortons-burrito-recipe/491926868314

The nutritional facts are also included in MFP :)

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Thank You everybody!!!

I REALLY like the idea of turning zucchini into a pesto of sorts ;) I looooove Chopped and Iron Chef too :drinker:

I like the panko idea just dont have any on hand atm

MORE ideas welcome!

I am so fascinated with how they just pull those random recipes outta nowhere... they're like "cotton candy? no prob, lemme just make this amazing cotton candy reduction!"

If you have bread you could toast it and smash it with a meat pounder or hammer to make breadcrumbs! I cut the crust off to do this though. You could also use cornflakes or even just flour instead of panko. I can't keep straight up breadcrumbs and panko in my house or else everything would get breaded and deep fried, no lies... haha
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    yes! or instead of breadcrumbs you can do coconut flour or almond meal or even just the parm is fine! :) mmm pesto!
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Dip zucchini slices in buttermilk and egg white mixture, then panko/parmesan, bake at 400 for 10 min each side. Serve with plain chicken (or jazz up with a sauce - do you have Dijon mustard/honey or agave or brown sugar/smidge olive oil, salt pepper?

Oh my goodness^^^ This sounds delicious!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness^^^ This sounds delicious!!

Now, where's that LIKE button? Need to click it!