Cauliflower Recipe?

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
I have a half of a head of cauliflower that I want to use in whatever I eat for lunch tomorrow.
Any ideas?

Replies

• MakeLifeBright
    Options
    I have a half of a head of cauliflower that I want to use in whatever I eat for lunch tomorrow.
    Any ideas?

I always just eat it raw, or boil it .. then top with pepper.. but here is a place that has a lot of ideas

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_cauliflower_recipes
  • mynuet
    Options
    I shred it, nuke it for four minutes with a cover but no water, and it comes out as a no-carb "rice" that goes well with almost anything.
  • mistync991
    Options
    cut it up put it on a broiling pan throw some olive oil on it and some seasoning (mrs. dash, salt pepper..whatever ) and bake it ..gives it a roasted taste and is actually good this way compared to the usual flavorless taste
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this is too much trouble....but it is very YUMMY!!----and you can easily double it...(I usually make it as a side dish then reheat the leftovers in the microwave)

spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray-- preheat oven to 350

take 1/2 head of cauliflower and break into small pieces (the smaller the more tender), place in baking pan and cover with
    1/2c skim milk, sprinkle with 1/8 tsp garlic salt and 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or any spice you prefer)...then sprinkle with 1oz swiss cheese and 1/8c bread crumbs (I use plain).

place in oven uncovered for about 45 min...(easy to make but time consuming to cook) but worth it, YUMMO!!

makes 3 servings: 80 cal, 9g carbs, 3g fat, 5g protein, 2g fiber and 102mg sodium (per serving)
  • kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Heat a mixture of canola and olive oil in a shallow pan (canola for heat resistance and olive for flavor). Cut the cauliflower and toss in egg whites then in a mixture of parmesean and bread crumbs. Shallow fry until golden making sure to rotate them for even cooking. They taste like french fries - its amazing. And pretty good for you. You can really stretch the flavors if you want to. They are crispy and salty on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. YUMMY!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Just bumping because YUM
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i agree with you on this one! EVOO and some garlic though.. SOOOOOO good! I would rather have my veggies like this than boiled.