Cheesy Cauliflower

Options
mkm81
mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
I have been making this recipe for awhile, and everytime I do, I want to eat the entire batch. So simple and yummy! Not really a recipe, but thought I'd share, as it's become a staple in my house.

I head of cauliflower
4 garlic & herb laughing cow cheese wedges (you can choose whatever flavor you like)
Alpine Touch Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Siracha

Cut up cauliflower into florets, and place in pot with metal steamer basket and water. Season with garlic salt, alpine touch, or salt and pepper (I use Alpine Touch). Steam them until they are really tender, almot falling apart. Drain the excess water and place cauliflower in a bowl or leave in pot. Add 4 wedges of laughing cow cheese and Siracha to taste. Mix until creamy and texture of mashed taters. It's super simple, low calorie and tastes really good as a side dish! Enjoy with your own variations of seasoning and low cal cheese! :smile:

Replies

• jenk7356
    jenk7356 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds GREAT!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Thank you for not calling this mashed potatoes. Laughing cow tastes great and I might try this without the sriracha because I'm afraid to go into ethnic stores. Mostly because I'm an ethnic.
  • mkm81
    mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can get Siracha at most grocery stores too! SInce being introduced to it, I have it on everything. I'm addicted! It's really good with an egg white scramble!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thank you for not calling this mashed potatoes. Laughing cow tastes great and I might try this without the sriracha because I'm afraid to go into ethnic stores. Mostly because I'm an ethnic.

Should be able to get sriracha from Kroger or whatever big name grocer/"spartan store" you have where you live. I've never bought it from an Asian market, and I get it all the time and put it on most things a hot sauce would apply.

@OP: Thanks for the recipe!!
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump - sounds tasty!
  • dlattos
    dlattos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Though I was skeptical as I have not had luck with cauliflower recipes in the past, I tried this today. Amazing! I did end up eating 1/2 a batch, but no guilt for 140 calories.
    I do not like spicy food, so I did not add the Saracha sauce. I did improvise and sprinkled in some bacon bits for texture and even more flavor.
    I had my husband try and he did not realize he was eating cauliflower. He he he
    Thx for sharing.
  • Heavybetty
    Heavybetty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump