WANTED....Goal Celebration ideas

Options
I have been using the site almost 2 weeks now & have noticed that quite a few MFP users list mini goals with a treat for achieving the goal. I really like this idea & I'm thinking of setting myself mini goals.........yet would appreciate some ideas of treats??

Things I have seen/ thought of so far are:

A new pair of jeans / new dress
Perfume
A manicure/ pedicure
A massage
Jewrelly
Hair colour/ cut

Replies

• rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    those were all my first thoughts too....

maybe a super soft robe
    new workout shoes
    a new workout video or piece of equipment
    try a new class yoga, zumba, pilates etc
    or a fitness retreat
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I asked this very question this morning, and here are the suggestions I got:

Kminor67: Okay, I've been thinking about rewards for mini goals, and I'm just not sure what to do. My husband and I are struggling financially, so spending a lot of money is out of the question. It's going to be hard enough to have some clothes. I've saved some clothes as I've gotten bigger, so I have some to fall back on, but not a lot. The only things I keep thinking of are going out to dinner, because we rarely do, but I don't want to sabotage all my hard work. Suggestions?

Maybe you can enlist hubby's help in your rewards to help save money - a pedicure, a massage, a meal you don't have to cook would be good rewards you don't have to spend big on!

Is there a mini vaca that won't cost a lot you could do? Trip to the zoo, planetarium, special hike and picnic with hubby? Date night with your husband (maybe he'll cook a healthy meal and you could have a picnic at home with candles and good music)

Mannicure, pedicure, facial, new hairdo...

New heartrate monitor, new digital food scale, new work out cloths....new work out DVD (Jillian Michales $10 each at Walmart)

going out to dinner wont sabotage anything. go to olive garden and eat off of the garden fare. its cheap and low calorie.

laura and i do hair,nails and facials so you could go that route too

Little things work great... I started with just getting new work out clothes whether they were $6 basketball shorts or cute $5 tank tops. Um, new make up? Mascara is $7 and who doesn't need new mascara? Orrrr maybe just get some bath fizzies and lock the door for a couple hours while you relax. Light some candles and read a whole book.

I bought myself a couple of new workout outfits. ;D

I like the datenight with hubby - maybe on a Saturday morning before the prices are skyhigh - have lunch afterwards, lunch special all for under 20-25.00. Let us know what you guys decide to do.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking the same thing with setting mini goals and actually writing them out rather than just thinking them in my head. I find when I write it down (particularly on mfp) then it makes me more determined to do it!

I treated myself at the weekend to some new work out clothes because I my old ones were feeling loose! So maybe that or something related to helping weight loss - I'm hoping my next purchase will be a heart rate monitor. How about a make over, new clothes, allowing yourself a treat/cheat meal.
  • msouza
    Options
    I WAS THINKING MAYBE YOU COULD GO THRIFT SHOPPING.I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE BUT IN MY AREA WE HAVE MANY.SOMETIMES YOU CAN GET SOME REALLY NEAT THINGS.I HAVEN'T GONE IN AWHILE BECAUSE I ALWAYS WORKED I THE SAME HRS.THAT THEY WERE OPEN AND NOW THAT I AM NOT WORKING I GET TOO TIRED GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE CAR. I GOT A NICE WINTER COAT ONCE AND ANOTHER TIME A COUPLE OF LANDS END SHIRTS.ALSO YARD SALES ARE BIG AROUND HERE.YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED WHAT PEOPLE ARE SELLING THESE DAYS.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are financially but I had about 3 trips planned in the last year that not only kept me motivated since I knew I would be wearing a bikini, but meant a lot more because I got to spend a week in smaller clothes feeling so much better than when I had gone somewhere tropical before. Maybe you can book a trip for your ultimate goal, I was lucky and already had a few warm destinations planned, so everytime I came back from a trip, I got right back on track to look even better for the next one.
    I am hoping to go away in April since I should be at goal to finally celebrate finishing!