nsv... marlboro ultra lights in a box

Options
2»

Replies

• TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    WOW GREAT JOB! Marlboro no. 27 was my buddy.
  • jenn8785
    jenn8785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Newport Kings and I had a relationship for 31 years. We've been broken up since 7/15/13. I had a craptastic day yesterday and barely thought of them. Progress n' all that.

ETA: Fully nicotine free as well. Did some patches during the first week and a half, but I'm "clean" now.

You're doing great keep it up!! :)
  • Nancy_CM
    Nancy_CM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!!

Those same guys were my friends, too. For nearly 25 years... I quit for the final time in March, 2011.

Hardly miss them at all. All of my smokey friends make that tough sometimes - but, I know myself and I can't just have one here or there. I've got to be all or none - and I choose none.

It's so very freeing! No more worrying about having them, or spending all that money, or finding somewhere to have one... I just hadn't realized what a chain those little stinkers were. :-)

Keep up the great work! and know that you've got a ton of support here if you ever need it.
  • jenn8785
    jenn8785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Just stick with it. And if you do happen to slip up, don't beat yourself up or think that you've failed, just don't have another one. That was always my downfall... I would quit and a week later have one, and just think of myself as a failure and there I was smoking half a pack a day again.

My BFF changed over the nearly 10 years of our relationship... Started with Winston Light 100s, then to Newport shorts, then 100s, then on to Marlboro Menthols. I quit cold turkey 7 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm actually kind of scared to say I really don't crave them... I had geared myself up to deal with cravings, because when I tried to quit before and did quit while pregnant, the craving were TERRIBLE... So I'm living in a state of worry that one day a HUGE craving is going to hit me broadside out of no where. I hope it doesn't happen, and I think about it less and less, but it still worries me.
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had a 13 year affair with Marlboro Menthol Lights and succesfully quit a year ago. I hope one day I don't miss smoking because I still do.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking October 5th, 1990. ( Wow almost 23 years) that's how long I smoked! It was very hard to quit everytime I "tried" but that day in October I just simply said ..."This is Stupid" so I just quit. I haven't had a cigarette or a craving since. (I credit God for this). I see you are as decided as I was so Iknow success will be yours! Congratulations!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking October 5th, 1990. ( Wow almost 23 years) that's how long I smoked! It was very hard to quit everytime I "tried" but that day in October I just simply said ..."This is Stupid" so I just quit. I haven't had a cigarette or a craving since. (I credit God for this). I see you are as decided as I was so Iknow success will be yours! Congratulations!

You should give yourself the credit. You decided to quit and you did it.

To the OP: Congrats and hang in there!
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I actually wrote a "Dear John" letter to my cigarettes when I decided to part ways. It was very similar to your post about all the things we had gone through together for 23 years. I started smoking as a teenager, so I added a paragraph about how I really needed to do adulthood on my own because I was in my 30s now and needed to have the freedom to try other relationships, like sports.

It was a very cute letter, but damn, so true!
    I was part of a 4 week smoking cessation support group and I read this 3 page letter to the entire group even though I barely knew them. It was very empowering. We all got a good laugh, a good think, and I treated the group to pizza that night.

Quitting smoking was very empowering for me. I hope it is for you as well. You totally got this. :flowerforyou:
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I quit smoking almost 6 years ago now and I entered my data on quitnet.com and here it is now:
    Your Quit Date is: 8/12/2007 10:30:00 PM

Time Smoke-Free: 2180 days, 16 hours, 28 minutes and 54 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 65421

Lifetime Saved: 16 months, 19 days, 17 hours

Money Saved: $16,357.50
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My husband's aunt and uncle quit a year and 2 days ago. His uncle is now considering picking up smoking again because he's putting on too much weight.

Yes, I know, they need to exercise and eat right. But they don't and won't. His aunt has diabetes and will eat a sundae from then pop a metforman (sp?) pill to lower her sugar. Health is not a priority for them.
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! That is the hardest and best thing I ever did!! Keep it up :)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    GOOOO YOU!!!

It is really hard to quit, but SOOOOO worth it!!

It was so hard, but get through that first month and it will be a breeze!

you rock!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile: :bigsmile: :glasses:

eta: i ALMOST added the "smokin" smiley, but DUH!!!! LOL
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm quitting soon....I already have my chantix ready to take I just need to pick a date. (everyone please spare me about the rumors you've heard about it.) I've taken it and quit for 3 months for a guy. This time it will be for ME! Proud of you!
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of being a non smoker after 30 years.

I got a carton of smokes (10 pks) sitting here that I guess I should just throw away as well.

Congrats.......... keep up the great work.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    oh how I used to love my Marlboro ultra lights too. Some bff, trying to kill me and screwing with my breathing. Great job quitting! I quit in January and it's the best thing I've ever done. I can't believe you still have one left and haven't touched it! Flush it!
    Stay strong! I lost 14 pounds since I quit because I can work out so much better and harder. I ran four miles for the first time in my life yesterday and I know I couldn't have done it if I was still a smoker.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!