When did other people start noticing your weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Not yet! I'm a quarter into what will eventually be a 100lb loss. So 25 down.

Anytime.....
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    It's summer semester. Most of the people I know are either out of town or overweight coworkers that I would rather not have realize I'm dropping weight. Hence why I have yet to trade in my current uniform shirts for a smaller size. A few that left town have come back lately and it's been the first thing that flies out of their mouths.
  • zrjp9
    zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Once I hit about 10-12 lbs.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    when I posted pictures in the success stories threads :sad:

Dont get me wrong, it was lovely reading all the positive comments :love: :flowerforyou:

BUT... it would have ben nice for at least ONE of my 'real world' friends to have noticed :mad: :brokenheart:

lol
  • Crysiira
    Crysiira Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm about 2000 miles from friends and family right now. My husband hasn't noticed, either because he sees me every day and has the typical guy-blindness (You got a haircut! Yeah, a week ago, dear.) or because he's seen me lose and gain the same 10 lbs over the last 5 years.

The only way my family sees me is on FB. I rarely post full body pics on FB because I'm so self conscious. Recently though I wanted to show off a new dress so I sucked in my tummy a little and posted one. I had about 6 people tell me I looked like I lost weight and they were really proud of me! So I guess, if things continue in the direction they've been going, I can post full-body pics on FB more often! :)
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The ladies at work said something after about 10-15 lbs. One of the guys said something about 35 lbs down. this past week a whole bunch of people said something. when i am down 40. I have to admit it feels good.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm 10lbs down in total so far. My teenage daughter noticed the other day "mum, you can tell you've lost some weight, but you really need to work on your arms!" Umm, thanks I guess :laugh:
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2000 miles from friends and family right now. My husband hasn't noticed, either because he sees me every day and has the typical guy-blindness (You got a haircut! Yeah, a week ago, dear.) or because he's seen me lose and gain the same 10 lbs over the last 5 years.

The only way my family sees me is on FB. I rarely post full body pics on FB because I'm so self conscious. Recently though I wanted to show off a new dress so I sucked in my tummy a little and posted one. I had about 6 people tell me I looked like I lost weight and they were really proud of me! So I guess, if things continue in the direction they've been going, I can post full-body pics on FB more often! :)

Why are guys this way? It's weird. I'm down 7lbs from the beginning of the year. My husband hasn't said anything.However, when I was up 8 lbs. he said, you look really skinny. I just said thanks instead of letting him know I was actually not skinnier. How do they not notice this stuff?
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It became noticeable to others when I lost my first 30. When I lost 20 I thought it would have been more noticeable and actually was disappointed when no one saw it. When I lost 30 and beyond that's when everyone was like, "OH MY GOSH, you're SO skinny!"

It's a great feeling to have when others notice the difference and the hard work ;-)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I think most people notice earlier than we think...they're just reluctant to say anything. I started getting comments around 20 Lbs down, but further discussions with these folks reveal that they noticed earlier, they just weren't sure what exactly was going on and didn't really want to comment.

Also OP...20 Lbs is a lot.
  • samuelrobles
    Options
    Lost 15lbs so far, no one has noticed/said anything. Kinda motivates me to lose more.
  • Charneney
    Charneney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At first it seemed I was the only one to notice my weight loss(which was a little discouraging, I thought it may all be in my head). Once I had loss my first 10 kg's all that changed, every one then started noticing. I have lost 14 kg total so far in 2 months, and the scale has been still for a little while, but getting positive feedback weekly pushes me. while I'm not losing much weight any more I'm still losing cm's.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I received the first comments at about minus 40 pounds, but I had a lot to lose.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    just today my husband has noticed, my tops have noticed. no one else has.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I think I got my first "wow, you've lost weight, haven't you?" comment at around 18-20 lbs from a nurse who goes to my church.

My weight loss has been very slow ( over 18 months for 37 pounds), but I regularly get comments about my face looking slimmer. People at the gym tell me how they can see the muscle definition coming out in my arms and legs.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    right away, depends how much you lose. and how fast
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I bet your measurements have changed with losing this amount of weight - don't be disheartened, I think until you feel in yourself that you are happy with the way you look it doesn't reflect to others.

Walk tall and be proud that you are doing so well :flowerforyou: