Gained 2lb's....WTH!!!!!

Options
Ok, so I have been eating right, between 1200-1400 calories a day. Fresh steamed veggies, salads with little to know dressing, and the dressing I do use is fat free Italian. No butter or sugar what so ever, very little salt. Plus I have chicken or fish each night. Might throw in a 4 oz lean cut of steak once a week. I completely cut out beer, which is hard for me, because I'd get home from work, and have one or two beer's just to relax. Now I have replaced it with water. I even started eating breakfast, before I would skip out on breakfast. Egg white english muffin, no cheese, with veggies on it.

Oh, I always work out 5 times a week. Mon-Fri, run at least 4 miles first thing in the morning followed by 30 mins in the gym lifting weights. At first I though maybe it was muscle i was gaining, but I meaures my waste line and it INCREAESED 1/4 inch! WTH!!!

It's kinda discouraging that I am putting all this hard work in and I gain 2 pounds. So far I have lost 15 lbs all together. I just want to know if it is something I am doing wrong, or is this normal. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated, before I go to Jack in the Box and get me a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger with seasoned curly fries....LOL. :wink:

Thanks.

Replies

• kalieah
    kalieah Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    have you allowed yourself any cheat days? have you given your body different routines? sometimes, if you eat the same things over and over again, and do the same workouts, your body adapts to them, and is no longer changing.

Do you weigh yourself at the same time every week? don't forget, a persons weight can fluctuate 1-5 pounds in a day! i wouldn't worry about it, but maybe you have hit a plateau! If you have, then i would recommend changing up your workout, having a cheat mal (go over one day) and zig zag your calories! meaning: One day eat 1200, next eat 1600. next eat 1250, next eat 1750. Next day eat 1400, next eat 1200. next eat 2000, next eat 1300.

Aswell, (sorry for the long paragraph) you might not be eating enough. raise your calories by 100 each day until you reach 1500, make 1400 your MINIMUM. (this is just a suggestion)

Hope i helped, good luck!
  • samuelrobles
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I weigh myself every friday morning. Only once a week. Maybe I should weigh in once every two weeks. I thought about changing up my work-outs a little bit. That my do it.

And as far as a cheat day, my wife and I go out to dinner every Saturday, or make a good meal at home were we are more relaxed in the calorie counting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Unless you are 3ft tall and lie in bed all at, why are you eating so little?
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    There will always be fluctuations. I weigh every morning after using the rest room and showering and put it into an Excel sheet.

I have a line for each week (column for each day) and have columns for maximum, minimum, and average.

Average has gone down throughout the year. Sure there are times when I suddenly will jump up a pound or 2 on a particular day, but as long as the weekly average steadily decreases I feel I'm doing OK.
  • malk2651
    malk2651 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just a bit of perspective, for fun I weighed myself last night and came in at 224. Yet this morning I weighed in at 217. All depends when you eat,drink and weigh yourself. Keep with the programs and don't throw everything away because of a minor set back that may be nothing at all.