CLOUDS IN MY COFFEE

Options
What can I put in my coffee that will give it some creaminess and just a HINT of sweet without the sugar of Coffee Mate

Replies

• southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How about unsweetened coconut milk? I love the stuff - so tasty!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Regular cream and a pinch of sugar. I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk too.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Cream, I'm not even sure what Coffee Mate is actually made of! Some sort of processed oil product probably?
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1T coconut oil
    1T heavy cream
    1T butter
  • Blackbird4
    Blackbird4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Butter? Interesting
  • Blackbird4
    Options
    Yeah, I know that's the obvious answer, but I just don't like the way dairy tastes with coffee
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love heavy cream in my coffee. I barely have to add any sugar and it is wonderful!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder and almond milk.... Win/win
  • Blackbird4
    Options
    I'm going to try the vanilla almond milk. I already use regular almond milk for everything else. Thanks!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    A bit of milk, cream, or half and half and if you're not opposed to artificial sweeteners you could add a few drops of a sugar free flavoured syrup like Torani or Da Vinci. I've also been known to make my coffee black with a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia, and 2-3 drops of peppermint oil.
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Before starting to try and lose weight I always used International Delights French Vanilla creamer, the liquid kind. I didn't use coffee mate because they use partially hydrogenated oil (oil in cream?). I decided that for me it wasn't worth the extra calories, I drink my coffee black now, even my iced coffee! I would like a treat once in a while though, maybe I will try the vanilla almond milk.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk and

STEVIA!!!!! :D
  • astattonhunt
    astattonhunt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, I found Stevia replaces the sugar just fine, but I do so like my cream brulee coffee creamer. Plus I use way to much 3 ounces last time I had coffee the creamer alone was 245 calories!

Let me know if you find anything that tastes even close. I do know that my husband and I could not find a best by date on the creamer the last time we went to buy it. Good lord what could it be made of if it never goes bad! It sure does taste oh so good in my coffee however. lol

I've just avoided coffee and switched to tea with stevia. Again if you find anything let me know. Possibly an option might be regular cream and stevia flavored liquid drops to flavor the cream. I can't stand the taste of coconut, so that's out for me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    put heavy whipping cream, a litte goes a long way.

for sweet you can augment any sweetener like agave nectar or whatnot with cinnamon (naturally fat free) or coconut oil (good fats) and IMO both ramp up the sweet sensation of any sweetener you are using artificial or natural.

Oh I just saw you don't actually like dairy.

torani has sugar free syrups and the vanilla and caramel flavors both add that warm creamy quality to the taste.

i think you'll like the coconut oil in there, it adds something. i don't think you'll like the almond milk because it will require so much that it will probably be too much sugar if you're avoiding that for some reason.
  • Blackbird4
    Options
    I'll keep you posted!