What's Your Biggest Fear?

Options
Right now I am more than half way to my weight loss goal. I have no doubt in my mind that I will achieve that goal, it's just a matter of time. My fear is the inability to maintain that weight after I reach my goal. I have lost weight before, though not quite to this extent. I'm looking for advice, tips, and encouragement. Also, what's your biggest fear?

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm about 4 lbs. under my original goal weight right now. My biggest fear for the past couple of weeks has been allowing myself to cheat on Saturdays and have something I really want, with fear of gaining my weight back. I know that sounds ridiculous, but, I'm afraid to be the fat girl again.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am just starting on my journey again, so I can give you encouragement. RAH RAH RAH! YOU CAN DO IT!!

My biggest fear, is that I will saying "I am just starting on my journey again" this same time next year.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    That I'm gonna wake up one morning and all the weight I've lost and all the positive changes I've made was all a dream and I'm back to my old self. So dumb... The best thing I've done to prepare for maintenance is taking weeks off where I've relaxed and not worried as much about food. I've upped my calories and worked on maintaining and then gone back to losing mode when I've been ready and motivated again. Its taken me 15 months to lose the weight and I still have like 5-10lbs to go before I'm where I wanna be, but I want this to be sustainable and dont mind it taking as long as it has to
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    i'm almost 1/2 through and my fear is the same, being able to maintain, but also leaving MFP and coping on my own and to keep going with eating right/the right amount and working out! :S It sounds silly but i think a lot of people feel the same way
    <3
  • FitnessWithPaul
    FitnessWithPaul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've done diet and exercise programs in the past and weighed in as little as 190lbs, the lowest I've ever been. Thing is, I have never completed any of them. I do these programs and 3 - 5 weeks in, I just stop because I see results and don't want to continue. Many would be happy and push through to see even greater results. Now that my journey officially begins today I'm kinda scared I won't pull through. I will do all I can to finish the 30 Day Shred! Mark my words :) Oh, and I fear SPIDERS, but I do love Spider-Man. I never got how that works haha :D
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is reaching my goal, looking at my body and still not seeing the body I'm aiming for.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    giving up
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is reaching my goal, looking at my body and still not seeing the body I'm aiming for.

And that is another one of mine. It could go either way. Maybe I will feel I still don't look good. Maybe after losing weight I will look gaunt with a bunch of sagging skin. Kinda worries me. I have worn the same size basically since high school. (I am 34 now).
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a few! My first is that I might never reach my goal weight, that perhaps it's too low and unattainable. My second is that once I get there I still won't be happy with my body. And my third is putting weight back on, because I want to be able to enjoy life and all it had to offer, but be healthy too.
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I fear that my drive will somehow vanish, as it has in the past. This time I am really working on consistency and working a plan that I know I can maintain rather than start some crazy thing that is not sustainable. I need to woek on keeping promises to myself so I can start trusting myself as well.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hurting myself and going dormant...gaining all my weight back..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Right now I am more than half way to my weight loss goal. I have no doubt in my mind that I will achieve that goal, it's just a matter of time. My fear is the inability to maintain that weight after I reach my goal. I have lost weight before, though not quite to this extent. I'm looking for advice, tips, and encouragement. Also, what's your biggest fear?

The key to maintenance is maintaining a healthy, nutritious dietary lifestyle...just more calories than when you're losing. I eat the same things now at maintenance as I did when I was losing...just a few hundred more calories of it.

Key component number two is maintaining a lifestyle that is fitness-centric. People tend to associate exercise and fitness with their weight loss goals because they neglect to set independent fitness goals...so they go to maintenance and stop working out. Neglecting your fitness at maintenance is a sure fire recipe for putting the weight back on. With the way I train right now, it's sometimes difficult to not keep losing and I have to force a few more calories in me.

There's nothing to fear from maintenance so long as you are taking this opportunity to learn how and what you should be eating and what you need to be doing activity wise.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is not reaching my goal and giving up a few months in to my journey.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Drowning... Being lit on fire...
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Losing all motivation, which I kind of am now... never reaching my goal weight and putting all the weight back on.
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Falling back into old habits and losing everything I have worked so hard for. I have finally found a happy place about it all in my mind and I KNOW that is not going to happen. But the fear is always there.
  • ClutchClaiborne
    ClutchClaiborne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lifting too much without a spot.... Yeah that could suck.... oh and driving a car off a bridge at night (not the best swimmer, similar to a rock)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    being alone forever :-(
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That this time next year i will weigh the same or more than i do now.

That my face will look old after losing the weight.because i am 50 but the face fat makes me look 30s.

that the rest of me will be sagging.

I have been lucky before with good skin tone but what if my luck runs out.