Has anyone else here successfully made the zucchini chips?

Options
The ones on Pinterest? I followed the instructions and they didn't come out crispy.They're delish, but not crispy.

Replies

• sunbaby2013
    Options
    I've tried several times....I still cannot get them crispy. I agree...they're good, but not crisp.
  • tygirl83
    Options
    I've tried several times....I still cannot get them crispy. I agree...they're good, but not crisp.
    Do you use breadcrumbs or almond flour or just olive oil with salt and pepper? I didn't try it with any kind of breading.
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    I just made them last night! The ones I sliced really thinly, probably 1/8", turned out best. I coated them in egg whites and then a mixture of panko crumbs, parm cheese, and some seasonings. 350 deg for about 30 minutes, turning half way....delicious!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Try cooking them on a wire rack with no oil. Coat with milk, sprinkle on seasonings and lay them neatly on a wire rack with a cookie sheet underneath. Skip the oil, zucchini is like a sponge.
  • jls341
    jls341 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Try sprinkling the slices with a little salt and let them sit a half hour or so, then pat dry with a paper towel.
  • helengardenlady
    Options
    I have! I used a potato peeler to slice them as I don't have a mandoline
    It is the extremely thin slices that is the key. I also added a little flour to the parmesan cheese and spices. They are my new favouritr thing!
  • taterbug29
    Options
    Slice them as thin as you possibly can, salt & pepper them (lightly) and then bake them on 225°-250° for about 2hrs (depending on ur oven). Also, you'll want to spray Pam on your cookie sheet. I know it takes time but they are crispy every time!
  • sunbaby2013
    Options
    No breading, just olive oil and garlic powder. Also sliced them with a food processor, to be sure they were evenly sliced.