S.B.F. Challenge. . .July 9

Options
Morning!

Today I was going to go to spinning, but. . .I overslept. (pretty bad, because the class starts at 9)

So, I'll go to the gym and do some other cardio (elliptical, probably) later.

Also, water (so hot and humid here. I had a rough night in yoga last night) and vits.

I might also go for a walk if the rain stays away. . .I have to get some groceries.

Oh, and day two of my grand experiment had me at 450 calories under maintenance. (this includes two flourless almond cookies.) This is very interesting to me. Essentially, I'm getting an "exercise deficit". If I hadn't exercised yesterday, I would have eaten maintenance calorie levels. Could it be possible that I actually know how to eat? There were also (more exciting for me) a few "I'm full, so I'm stopping" adjustments along the way.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Today I was going to go to spinning, but. . .I overslept. (pretty bad, because the class starts at 9)

So, I'll go to the gym and do some other cardio (elliptical, probably) later.

Also, water (so hot and humid here. I had a rough night in yoga last night) and vits.

I might also go for a walk if the rain stays away. . .I have to get some groceries.

Oh, and day two of my grand experiment had me at 450 calories under maintenance. (this includes two flourless almond cookies.) This is very interesting to me. Essentially, I'm getting an "exercise deficit". If I hadn't exercised yesterday, I would have eaten maintenance calorie levels. Could it be possible that I actually know how to eat? There were also (more exciting for me) a few "I'm full, so I'm stopping" adjustments along the way.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! I actually had a really good workout this morning. I did the Body For Life Upper body training and 23 mins of incline walking on the treadmill for a total of 80 mins, burned 362 cals. I just hope I can eat well throughout the day. I have not been doing very well in that aspect. That is my struggle. I have not weighed myself in a while but I know I have gained, I feel it and I see it...Ugh!!! :grumble: But I am the only one to blame...:cry: But I am not giving up of course, too much going on right now. Have a good day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Won't get to workout today as I just got home from vacation and have to get back to work (after having my cellphone stolen from the airport and having my work computer not powering up when I got home). Kids are here so we might go for a walk later. Just need to focus on not overeating as it's that you know what of the month. I weigh in on Friday after two weeks of not weighing in and being on a very active vacation...but messing up the last two days on the travel home.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    So, we tried to do the Bikram yoga outside yesterday, only to have two thunderheads on either side of us cool it down to about 85 degrees. Still did the Bikram sequence (can't do full locust at all or toe stand without a wall, so almost the full thing), one time through for 160 calories in 42 minutes, then did some dog to standing poses sequence for the another 35 minutes and burned 170 calories. So does the heat have an effect? Not sure yet. We are trying again on Friday but will probably just do a sun salutation sequence. Not sure the Bikram posture sequence is for me.

V- the worksheet I had showed a bent front leg for triangle pose - like you would for side angle - is this how you do it in your class?

Also went to the gym for some elliptical and had macrobiotic food. Can't say I feel any differently. I guess if I didn't normally eat whole grains and lots of veggies I might.

Today is walking, weights, and yoga. Lots of yoga this week. Arm balances are going to be hard to do after weights class, we'll see how it goes.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

V- the worksheet I had showed a bent front leg for triangle pose - like you would for side angle - is this how you do it in your class?

Yep. The goal is to get your front leg like an upside down "L" (sideways?) and not to put any weight on your front hand, the fingers just lightly touch (ideally between the big two and the next toe). Also, I don't do toe stand yet, just a second "set" of tree pose. (I still have to hold my foot, because I'm. . .so slippery by that point in the series.) I will say that my legs, after about three weeks, are already showing some definition from all the balancing postures.

The humidity in the room had us dropping like flies yesterday. The owner of my studio actually opens a window to cool the room a few degrees when that happens (asking around. . .that is a rare courtesy). I noticed that (oddly) I missed the heat.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yep. The goal is to get your front leg like an upside down "L" (sideways?) and not to put any weight on your front hand, the fingers just lightly touch (ideally between the big two and the next toe). Also, I don't do toe stand yet, just a second "set" of tree pose. (I still have to hold my foot, because I'm. . .so slippery by that point in the series.) I will say that my legs, after about three weeks, are already showing some definition from all the balancing postures.

The humidity in the room had us dropping like flies yesterday. The owner of my studio actually opens a window to cool the room a few degrees when that happens (asking around. . .that is a rare courtesy). I noticed that (oddly) I missed the heat.

Huh. I wonder why Bikram renamed poses. I noticed that Tree was called Tadasana (which in other forms translates to Mountain pose) and Warrior 3 had a different name as well; whereas I think of "half-moon" as a completely different pose. I did like all the balance postures though - with my big feet, I've always enjoyed them.

Anyway, I should experience the humidity on Friday. We don't completely dry out until August.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    After goofing around for four days, AF finally decided to settle in. I'll be glad when this one is over (Of course I'm always glad when they are over!). We have a therapist coming over to work with Alex this morning, but after she leaves I am going to try to get in some Taebo. I started a blog with a friend of mine and I am hoping it will keep me more accountable and help me to see how I am eating so I can see why I am stuck. Changing up the diet a little this coming week. Going for a healthy approach again.
    Goals for today: Taebo
    Eat less and better
    Drink all my water
    Make healthy grocery list

Happy work outs!
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Good Morning:smile:

I didn't post yesterday.
    I went to the Gym. Rode the bike for 15 mins and walked on the treadmill for 38 mins.

Did the same thing at the gym today.

Talk to you tomorrow
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Good Morning All...

I did my BL Power Sculpt DVD yesterday morning, but unfortunately, the rain washed away my evening walk... bummer! I realized at 9:00 last night that I went over my calories by 15... and I don't like that number being a negative at the end of the day, so I jumped on the stationary bike for 15 minutes.

Todays goals...
    -Walk Slim DVD (3 miles in roughly 40 min.)..... DONE!
    -Drink lots and lots of water
    -Shop online for HRM... I'm thinking Polar F6... so many good reviews on MFP
    -Upload new cds to iTunes for new walking music on the iPod
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I think today was a good sleep in day. For some reason, after I got my son off to daycare, I crawled back in bed... thinking oh, 20 minutes more. Yeah, 2 hours later.....

But I did get up and go for my run. I feel so good. The sun finally peeked it's bright head through the rain & clouds so I'm headed out to get things done in the yard!

Happy hump day!!!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Today I workout at the gym 30 min treadmill, 20 min stair climber & 20 min weights.

Have a Super Workout Day:smile::drinker: :drinker:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hey all. I didn't get to post yesterday either. Kinda crazy around here. I did Level 3 Shred again yesterday and a bunch of walking with the kids and today I switched (out of boredom) to Shaun's Total Body Burn. I actually miss the constant cardio. VERY humid and storming here in NY today so no walking here.