Disabled 49 yo Female

Options
I'm 49 years old, soon to be 50 and I am disabled. I've always worked in manual labor and was eventually hurt on the job. In fifteen years I've gained 66 pounds because I have been literally ignorant to knowledge about nutrition, calories, and fitness. I really believed that I was able to eat whatever I want and how much I want because I was same weight from high school till I turned 34 when I got hurt. Of course I gained weight with my two kids but then when I started working again it would go away.

I'm very serious in looking for friends who are of any age but is also understanding and non-judgemental about me logging when any little amount of excerise because even though there are times when I do a lot, it usually kills me so then I'm stuck doing little ones again because my body hurts.

I've never tried to manage my weight before so this is really scary for me and I've been on here for a while with my daughter. This is a new account for me though. The other one I only had my daughter as a friend as well.

Last thing, I just wanted to let people know too, that I'm not a strong speller so my daughter has written this paragraph for me but I will be writing my own comments to my friends. So if you are a grammer/spelling nazi (my daughters words) please don't add me to be your friend.

Ok, maybe that wasn't the last thing. For now I will not post a picture because I am very shy but I'm not ruling out that I may do so in the future. I'm not sure if I will put my diary public and I'm not ruling out that I may do so in the future but for now please don't ask me to.

I'm just looking for friendly support and friends that I may support back. Thank you.

Replies

• NaughtyNancy69
    Options
    Good luck, feel free to add me I will be very supportive and understanding..And who cares about speeeling!! :)
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am online every day. I care about spelling, but not your spelling, only my own- I don't judge, it's not my job.

I also had accidents that made exercise really difficult for me (thank goodness it did not make it impossible for me though). I can understand your difficulties.
  • rutzybabe
    Options
    Hi...you can add me if you want. I've just turned the big 5-0 this year. I've had health problems, although not physically disabled and have felt frustrated when I was on doctor's orders not to exercise. However, just to have a bit of motivation from time to time works wonders, especially if you need to distress then move forward. I don't judge and treat people the way I'd like to be treated :-)
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Looking for new friends all the time. I don't judge people. you do want you can do. and thats all that matters.:flowerforyou:
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27 and I'm also disabled due to a botched scoliosis surgery I underwent when I was 15. I used to LOVE playing sports and since my surgeries I've become almost completely sedentary because of the pain and phyiscal limitations. Most exersizes I can't do, even walking is difficult. I'm still managing to lose weight though! I'd love to be friends if you're interested! If not, I totally understand! :)
  • saraz313
    Options
    hi My name is Sarah and I'm a 34 year old disabled young woman I have CP and am in a chair although i do swim once a week and i have a chair boxing video i had an old account but am starting over again as I am going to have a commitment ceremony in less then a year and I want to walk down the aisle to my man when the time comes god bless