need motivation in the long term

Options
Hello, My name is Tiffany/ Tiff. I just joined today and starting my diet to lose weight. For me, it is hard to go on after the first week or 2 because I can't help wanting to lose weight quickly and start doing horrible eating habits that bite me back later. I been around the same weight w/ o losing much and same again all the time I been trying to lose weight for 3-4 years now. Btw I'm 19 and 5 feet. I need some friends and tips to help me stay on track on my diet. Thank you ^^

This is my routine now
Exercise 60 minutes total everyday
Eat 1200 calories consisting mostly proteins, vegetables, and fruits. I really hate eating the healthy carbs and just too much hassle for me so I was wondering if that's okay to do? It isn't going to be bad and start gaining weight once I stop eating strictly? Since I used to eat strictly and once I'm off the diet and eat some carbs.. I just gain the weight back really fast and eventhough I'm under my calories intake.

Replies

• n3verlettingmyselfgo
    n3verlettingmyselfgo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me!
    I'm here to support anyone, welcome, good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options

This is my routine now
    Exercise 60 minutes total everyday
    Eat 1200 calories consisting mostly proteins, vegetables, and fruits. I really hate eating the healthy carbs and just too much hassle for me so I was wondering if that's okay to do? It isn't going to be bad and start gaining weight once I stop eating strictly? Since I used to eat strictly and once I'm off the diet and eat some carbs.. I just gain the weight back really fast and eventhough I'm under my calories intake.

If you are not going to eat carbohydrates like brown rice then make sure to eat starchy vegitables. Your body still needs carbohydrates for energy. Otherwise, i'm right with you. I'm 5' too. What types of exercise are you doing daily? Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - we can all support each other.
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Donnawydmuch
    Donnawydmuch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ????
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Everyone experiences highs and lows when it comes to Motivation.Motivation might be great to get you started but you've to really devolop a habit of leading a healthier lifestyle.Motivation isnt going to last forever but discipline and the habit of living a healthy lifestyle is the only thing that will help you move forward when you face disappointments and lose motivation.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • dangdangBB
    dangdangBB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with keeping up motivation! One thing I will say that is great about MFP is that you can adjust how much weight you'd like to lose per week. If you feel yourself slipping up a lot, maybe tone it down to a half pound per week. In regards to carbs, I've heard that keeping your intake split 1/3 carbs, 1/3 fat, and 1/3 protein really helps.