Lost 55LBS but no change in look

Options
Hello everyone. I have lost in toatal little more than 55 LBS but i cant see any physical change no body else even said to me if I am looking even little bit small/thin I am wearing the same clothes I myself can feel little difference in fittings but nothing noticable. I dont know may be i am getting muscles build up or its something else weired. I have been doing approximately 80 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes strenght training lifting weights. Any ideas or suggestions ??????????????

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Most guys I know carry much of their weight in their belly and tend to wear their trouser "below" the belly, so, depending on how much you have to lose, you might see most of the change in your "side" view.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. When my hubby lost some weight a few years back his pants size never changed. And it's because he wears his pants below the largest round of his stomach, so even though his stomach was getting smaller, it didn't change where he was wearing his pants. But he did have a fairly big visual change on how he looked. Though, it was easier for others to see it than it was for him when he looked at himself.

I'd bet that if you took some pics of yourself now and compared them to older pics of yourself, you'd be able to see a good difference in them.

But it wouldn't be from the addition of new muscle. If you've been eating in a deficit to lose that much weight, you've likely only strengthened/kept the muscle you already had if you were doing strength training, not added new muscle.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    Moar strength training.
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    If you haven't already start taking a picture of yourself every two weeks and then go back and compare pictures.

Sometimes when you think you aren't changing, you really are - more muscle definition, fat distribution or fat loss in places you weren't thinking about, etc.

It takes me about 20 to 30 pounds before I start seeing any real difference but when I look at pictures of myself I can see where the changes are taking place.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    me too
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I also agree with the first poster but will add that noticable changes happen around 15-20% loss, so that would depend what weight you started at. Are your clothes fitting looser? Maybe you will notice something if you get a new outfit?
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    LaddiDhaliwal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yes I do feel small difference in clothes fitting I have lost more than 15% in total I guess I will try new outfit I am also going to take pictures
  • janinealfke
    Options
    Hi,

Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are losing fat (55 lbs) and the workout has you gaining muscle, that is why you are not seeing the huge difference you would think you would. Measure yourself...I bet you are losing inches, while gaining muscle mass. Hang in there. You're doing everything right!!!

Janine Alfke
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I bet there is a change in your look
    I lost 35 and theres a change in my look
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I know you've lost a lot of inches
  • jamihampt
    jamihampt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree that pictures would help. People that see you frequently won't notice the difference because the change is gradual. And people that haven't seen you for awhile may not remember you as heavier. And you see yourself every day. Small daily changes are hard to see.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You should start doing your measurements. Those numbers never lie.
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost as much as you! But I'm similar in that I've lost 10 pounds recently and I can't see any difference at all which is frustrating, my stomach looks exactly the same size to me so I've no idea where I lost the weight from :lol:
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    Options
    Exactly
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are losing fat (55 lbs) and the workout has you gaining muscle, that is why you are not seeing the huge difference you would think you would. Measure yourself...I bet you are losing inches, while gaining muscle mass. Hang in there. You're doing everything right!!!

Janine Alfke

No, muscle does not weigh more than fat. Muscle takes up less space pound for pound than fat. That said it would be impossible to replace 55 lbs of fat with muscle and it's hard to gain muscle mass when eating at a deficit.
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    Options
    I bet there is a change in your look
    I lost 35 and theres a change in my look

May be you are right i guess i have lost some from arms and thighs