Turkey Burgers??

Options

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    We've formed these into burgers from this recipe and then topped with either mango chutney or tzatziki sauce (I prefer the latter). REALLY good.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/kofta-kebabs/

EDIT: Note, the recipe says ground lamb but we use ground turkey.

*gasp* turkey in place of lamb! SHAME! O.o

Australian Lamb > Turkey

In Melbourne, Australia, lamb was cheaper than turkey. Not in the US. I would totally do lamb...:sad:
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, garlic, a little teriyaki sauce, a little pineapple juice into the meat. Grill. Also grill sliced pineapple rings. Top with a slice of provolone, a slice of ham, and a slice of pineapple, add a little more teriyaki sauce if you want.

Salt, pepper, garlic, shallot, curry powder, a little sriracha into the meat. Grill. Also grill red or green pepper slices. Top with a slice of pepper, and mix a little mayo and sriracha for a spread (or peanut butter, if you want more of a thai flavor...it's really good, I swear).
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I made one with chili,powder and shredded zucchini. I think maybe it needed an egg white, it was a bit crumbly. But good.

I like to add Caribbean Jerk seasoning and top with a pineapple ring sometimes.

But am happy with my standard garlic, onion mixed in and topped with BBQ sauce or mustard.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Mix in a little hot wing sauce, diced onions and peppers. Add some blue cheese on top...yummy.
  • NJnanniELB
    Options
    Bethenny Frankel of Bravo has a few tasty recipes. One with chili powder and peppers is easy and very good. Just google for website. Also Rachel Ray-apple cheddar- without all the extras.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Turkey Sloppy Joes !!
  • mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Options
    Seen someone say a fried egg. I have not tried that, but have tried an over easy egg. It adds a lot of richness and that oozy fat drips down the sides. Yum!
  • ndboston
    ndboston Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I second the Kirkland (Costco) turkey burgers. It's a main staple of my diet and I love them on the grill. I'm really a basic guy-lowfat cheese and maybe some Tabasco sauce but that's it.
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    BUMP
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like to top them with a few tablespoons of homemade honey mustard (equal parts light mayo, mustard, Dijon mustard & honey) and a couple avocado slices.

And I'm loving these other ideas!
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    When mixing mine:

ground turkey
    that "w" sauce
    diced onion
    Chia paste (I let the chia seeds soak in the water, instructions on the back of the bag)
    salt
    pepper
    diced garlic
    a tiny tiny bit of dijon mustard.

That's my basic. Pretty much have fun mixing it up. You can also take any "hamburger" recipe and roll into balls for meatballs. Take the balls and smash into muffin pan for mini-loaves (great for meatloaf sandwiches). Or the basic, throw it in the bread pan and make meatloaf. Although for meatloaf I add diced red pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, a bit of breadcrumb, egg white, and bbq sauce.

Soooo Good!! Have fun with it. :)
  • sknapstein
    sknapstein Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I have not tried ground turkey anything. I've bought turkey dogs, turkey sausage but not ground turkey to "make" something. I will have to give it a try because you all have peaked my taste buds. Thanks!
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Try ground turkey with 1/2c greek yogurt. 2-3 cloves of garlic and a couple tbsp. of fresh rosemary chopped. mix together and make burger patties. Awesome.

Also turkey, chopped apple, g. Yogurt, minced onion and seasonings. Makes good burgers. The apple helps keep them moist.
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    These all sound amazing! Saving for future reference!!! :love:
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Naked turkey bruschetta burgers:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/07/naked-turkey-bruschetta-burger.html

I made these last week and they were amazing. I used unseasoned bread crumbs, so to keep them from being bland I added 1 tsp of Season All and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning to the mix.
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    I eat my turkey burgers with ketchup and dill relish on them, sometimes I mix fetta cheese in them!
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We mix in an egg and an egg white, fresh chopped basil, fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped onion, panko, and occasionally a little bit of shredded cheese.
  • Ekawaguchi
    Ekawaguchi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've tried something a little different and it was soo good! Turkey lettuce wraps!

Grab some chopped onion, Roma tomato, and mushrooms, about half a cup of each in a bowl. Add garlic powder and Mrs. Dash no salt teriyaki marinade, about 3 tblsp. And then ground turkey, about 2 cups. Blend all together in the bowl and put into a lightly oiled pre heated pan, about med high. Mix all around and cook about 5-7minutes.

In the mean time slice cucumbers length wise no skin or seed.

And boil some rice noodles according to intructions.

I use butter lettuce for the wrap and topped each off with peanut sauce.

Sorry for how I wrote this
    Enjoy!