Hi - starting (again) for what feels like the hundreth time

Options
Hi everyone. This is sight is new for me, just started MyFitnessPal on September 6, 2010. Although dieting has been a 15 year process for me. I am looking to find support from and be support to same age women. I am 56 years old, 5'6" and 174 lbs. I am so frustrated with myself as I understand nutrition quite well, but yet here I am....still over weight, now much older and much more difficult to take it off. It is time I get this done! No excuses, no cop-outs...I neeeeed to get the weight off so I can feel better, look better and maybe be and inspiration to my family (my mom and sister and several sister-in-laws are all experiencing the same issues) I will be sharing this sight information with them. This is wonderful. I am so grateful to God I found this sight. I'm going to get it done this time! Looking forward to hearing from those in my same position.

Replies

• Lisatru62
    Options
    Your going to love myfitnesspal. It is so easy. There are many listing and the calorie and nutrition counts are already done. I've been doing this for almost a month. I won't say that it doesn't have it's moments, but it would be a lot harder if I didn't have the computer and all of the other members database updates. While dieting is never easy at least it seems easier with myfitnesspal. Good luck
  • dksmith400
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I already find that if you open your "view food diary" to your friends you are now accountable..it is kind of a pride thing, don't want to be "seen" starting breakfast with a glass of wine now do we....ha...ha. Just knowing that anyone I friend can view what I eat makes me feel like I have to be good....I Love it.
  • Extreme30
    Options
    God's timing is always perfect and he will continue to guide you and give you strength on your journey- now and many days form now!

Much like you, I have struggled with weight for years. Every time I fall and get back up, I realize I have learned something new in the process.

Know that you are going to be such a blessing/ inspiration and most likely already are, to someone who is going through the same experiences. Your struggles will be able to help someone else... if this journey was easy for you, there would be no testimony. I wish you much success, joy and continued motivation.

I would love to share my story with you, but as my toddler continues to jump on me, I realize tonight is not "mommies" night! I must log off and tuck her into bed. She took a late nap and is wound up!

Many Blessings, healthy and clean eating tomorrow!

Gnite :O)
  • AudreySchach
    AudreySchach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    MFP is great - I am also 56 years young!! I quit smoking in Feb. and of course gained weight. I started MFP in June and have lost 13 lbs. (I gained 11 when I quit smoking)!! i love it because if i do overeat during the day I know I can exercise it off!! Not a diet but a lifestyle change. Good luck. And yes making your food diary public helps keep us on track!!.
  • brockly25
    Options
    hi all :)

i new as you can see and i going to try to loss a LOT of weight... and fast ... in a month or so i going to get burn out and thats were I need the help and motivation and friendship :)