putting myself out there

Options
joebanz77
joebanz77 Posts: 283 Member
Hello all. My name is Joe. I'm a happily married man with 2 beautiful kids. My whole life has been a rough ride of ups and downs with my weight. This was all happening even when I was in the US Navy. At my 14 year mark, I was discharge due to high year tenure. I was pretty crushed that I wasn't going to be able to retire serving our country. But I was blessed to work for the military as a federal employee. The hardest thing for me when I got out was that I wasn't pushed to lose weight anymore. So I let myself go for 3 years. I was weighing in at 216 lbs at 5'5". Reality hit me one morning when I was putting a pair of 38" slacks and having trouble breathing when I put on my shoes. It was a really bad morning for me. I was also going through depression and taking medication. it was a hard time for myself and my family. At that time. It was now or never. I created accountability for myself and did something about it. I had an old copy of Power 90 laying around collecting dust since 2001! I finally finished the program and lost 43 lbs in 90 days!! Since then it's been history. I've completed other programs such as P90x, P90X/Insanity hybrid, and a few others. These program have changed my life. This road is tough, but also very rewarding. I couldn't have done this without the support from my family and friends. its a lifestyle not just a temporary thing, we all have those bumps in the roads, but its those bumps that make us stronger than ever. Feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Well done to you for turning it around. I like motivated people, sending you a FR!
  • Lisamay380
    Lisamay380 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Joe, GREAT JOB! Keep it up, I know you will. You've made a lifestyle change.
  • astrama
    astrama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome, I have just joined this program and i want to lose 68 lbs.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Your hard work paid off to make you healthier and stronger!
  • joebanz77
    Options
    thank you
  • andyb000
    andyb000 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    so awesome!
  • OCTOBERLISA
    OCTOBERLISA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service, Joe!!
  • andyb000
    andyb000 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    F'n Awesome Job!

Yup, I can relate with the whole size 38" slacks part of your story. That was honestly my turning point as well... it was either bump up to 38" or hit the gym.

FR sent!
  • 616Junebug
    616Junebug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up to your story! One day at a time, working hard to change your life.
  • joebanz77
    Options
    F'n Awesome Job!

Yup, I can relate with the whole size 38" slacks part of your story. That was honestly my turning point as well... it was either bump up to 38" or hit the gym.

FR sent!

Thanks for the add! Heck yeah bro. I was pretty p'Oed at the world when I got that slap in the face. lol I'm so glad that I took the first step. There's no turning back!!
  • joebanz77
    Options
    Thumbs up to your story! One day at a time, working hard to change your life.

Amen to that! It doesn't matter if you're going into this at full speed or taking baby steps. You're still moving in the right direction!
  • joebanz77
    Options
    Thank you for your service, Joe!!

Thank you very much!