When to re-start my calorie tracking

Options
I work evening shift and typically stay up well past midnight. I have been doing from midnight to midnight when tracking my calories but someone brought up a point about starting over after I have woken from a nights sleep so your body can re-set. Can anyone tell me which is best for weight loss?

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you are eating a certain amount of calories spread out over each day then it really doesn't matter when the day "ticks over"

As long as you stick to your 24 hourly calorie goal then you will do well.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I always re-start once I've waken up after getting a good nights sleep, even if I don't get to be until 3 am and wake up a 6am, I continue to add any calories I've eaten after midnight until I go to sleep and then i start over.

Hope you find something that works for you!!

Jenn
  • G_in_Austin
    Options
    I ignore the clock and just use my sleep-cycle to reset the daily ticker if I stay up past midnight. Sometimes that makes me close out the day late and I don't get that newsfeed update saying I was under my calorie goal. No big deal. I never thought of going strictly by the clock. Like fxst78 said, it really doesn't matter. Find a system that works for you and go with it.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I go midnight to midnight. Anything past midnight goes onto the new day.
  • tpdopr83
    Options
    Thank you everyone :happy: