Recently diagnosed diabetic at 37years old - THANK YOU

Options
found out a week ago about diabetes II, I went in because my eye sight seemed to be getting cloudy and instead i was diagnosed and medications and meters were being prescribed for me and it was just and still is a bit overwhelming. Anyway, a person, myfitnesspal member, who overheard about my Diabetes recommended i check this site out and i wish i would have gotten her name because she has been the best help to me during this stressful time. So for all of you myfitnesspal members that recommend this site to anyone ...this is for each and everyone one of you..and i hope the person who helped me hears this too. Thank you for being there for me and your helpful nature has made a tremendous difference in my life. I don't know how i would be able to deal with this without finding this site through you....truly deeply with all my gratitude...caring people like yourself make our world a much better place to be....thank you.

Replies

• highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You'll find plenty of advice and loads of inspiration on here - good luck!
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    Welcome to the family! Good luck with your future endeavors on here and who knows, at your age and since you were recently diagnosed maybe the diabetes could be somewhat/fully reversed. And maybe you'll find the person who referred you. We're all a tight knit family on here.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You'll find this place to be a godsend! I was diagnosed with Diabetes II back in March. Within 3 months, I had my levels back at normal. It can be overwhelming, but just take one step at a time. Like the other poster said, you'll find loads of help and inspiration.

Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • pretygrlsmom
    pretygrlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I feel very lucky to have this site, and it seems like new friends so that I won't feel all alone and confused. :smile:
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    type 2 diabetes here as well & let me tell you,dont stress so much over it. It is not a death sentence :) I recently cut my glucose levels in half by limiting carbs and exercise. I dropped from 300-350 to 120-150.
    it takes work and dedication but it can be controlled!
    Welcome to MFP!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    It is frightning to hear a diagnoses like this, I know my daughter was diagnosed Type I, 3 yrs ago at age of 12. It is scary but it is managable. My daughter has had her numbers down for a long time. If you have ANY questions please feel free to add me! Your gonna be fine!! Good Luck... NOW lets lose some weight huh? :happy:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is truly amazing.. I hope you find that person you are looking for and Good luck :)
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - you have come to the right place for help and support. Don't be frightened about your diabetes, make sure you control the condition, don't let it control you. It can be done. Lots of love , Maggie xxx
    :flowerforyou: