Success stories of women in their 40's

Options
Myzippyboy
Myzippyboy Posts: 14 Member
I'm 44 and would really like some feedback and success pics of 40+ women. I see all these posts of 20 something yr old women
loosing the weight but man is it a different story when you turn 40. Needing some inspiration!

Replies

• kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am 45...and have lost close to 180 pounds....not quite a success story yet as I want to lose another 40-50 pounds....but here is my before and current pics

380 pounds:
    1704image2.png

Now (approx 198-200 pounds)

1013740_10151772968326062_1991304131_n1_zpsfa8d42b0.jpg
  • Myzippyboy
    Myzippyboy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well you for sure dont look your cw. Thanks for the pics.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm not a success story yet but I've been making progress. I started in November after being diagnosed with high blood pressure. I cut back on my coffee drastically and started eating a reduced sodium diet. By December I was on 3 different blood pressure meds. I lost 10 lbs primarily from changind my eating and coffee habits. By the end of January I had come off all my blood pressure meds. The end of May I decided to put some effort into getting healthier. I was eating terribly and struggled to eat 1200 calories. I started working on increasing my calories and walking. I added bike riding at the end of June. Since the beginning of June I've lost 10 lbs and 15 inches. My weight has really started coming off quickly the last couple of weeks so I'm working on increasing my calories to 1700-1800 next week.

ETA I'm 43
  • natalie7625
    natalie7625 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ill be 42 this September. January 1st of this year I had had enough of buying larger sizes...I quit smoking July 7th, 2012 and packed on another 20 lbs on top of the 15+ I had gained over the past few years...I entered a biggest Loser contest at my favorite pub ( i know...bad..but the owner is a friend and her food is amazing...plus she got in on the contest too and added super filling healthy low fat meals to her menu for us) i exercised like a maniac and found out I love it...I'm totally addicted now!! In 10 weeks I lost 30 lbs...HARD work...eating very healthy...no starving...no pills..nothing but hard work...gallon of water a day and lots of veggies...I have yet to stop using this app and my endomondo app with my fitbit flex..addicted...i went from size 12/14 to a 4-6 ...Contest got over in March ( I won first place and 400$) I have lost another 6 since then and am content on maintaining....NOW I am back eating all my favorite foods but in moderation AND I exercise hard everyday almost, to burn off what I ate basically...I got my sister into my routines and now we go power walking 4-5 days a week and on weekends I jog about 4-7 miles a day....I play softball on a women's league and stay very active now...loving life!!! Trust me ...If I can quit smoking after 25 years AND lose all that weight ANYONE can do it! No excuses;) I'm the black haired girl in my photo and my sister is the red head....
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and started on MFP January 28th. I lost 23 lbs on 1,500 calories a day and no exercise. I've been cheating a lot and losing and gaining the same 3 lbs since May, but I'm back on the wagon and hoping to get to 30 lbs lost in the next 2 months. Undie pic is 220 lbs, clothed pic is 199 lbs:

220lbs_zps1d11fbc1.jpg

Me1sm_zps31125ada.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!