Hello all, amazing using a phone app!

mjonesy1
mjonesy1 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I'm 44 and the middle age spread has taken hold so I've been trying to keep a steady weight for some time and only manages it through calorie counting but it's been hard work.

I now have a new HTC android phone and downloaded the myfitnesspal app and it is brilliant! I can track my food intake without a PC, it is so handy and as it is real time I can see how I'm doing throughout the day and decide if I want to eat more calories.

I've also seen I'm quite down on potassium intake so I looked up the symptoms of a deficiency and I certainly feel tired a lot of the time so I'm searching out healthy potassium sources to see how that affects my day.

So hopefully I will loose weight and eat healthier so I can stay awake for longer!!!

Good luck to all and thansk for a brilliant web-site and mobile app

Martyn

Replies

• BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Hey!

The mobile phone app is awsome isn't it? I use it all the time it means I'm always keeping track of what im eating and it means I dont forget to log anything! Good luck with your journey!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hi all,

I'm 44 and the middle age spread has taken hold so I've been trying to keep a steady weight for some time and only manages it through calorie counting but it's been hard work.

I now have a new HTC android phone and downloaded the myfitnesspal app and it is brilliant! I can track my food intake without a PC, it is so handy and as it is real time I can see how I'm doing throughout the day and decide if I want to eat more calories.

I've also seen I'm quite down on potassium intake so I looked up the symptoms of a deficiency and I certainly feel tired a lot of the time so I'm searching out healthy potassium sources to see how that affects my day.

So hopefully I will loose weight and eat healthier so I can stay awake for longer!!!

Good luck to all and thansk for a brilliant web-site and mobile app

Martyn

Hi Martyn

I agree about the app, excellent isn't it!

I've got it on my i-phone and it has been a Godsend to me I tell you. Certainly kept me on the straight and narrow on the weight loss business.

Best wishes with your own eating plans, take care :flowerforyou:
  • pdxscarlett
    pdxscarlett Posts: 30 Member
    I wish you could just log on from the site. I don't have a data phone but I have net access. All I can do at this point is surf the sight. Maybe that will change some day, I think it's a great tool.

Scarlett
This discussion has been closed.