My Philosophy on Scales

Options
This is based upon having a lot of weight to lose. If you are reasonably close to goal, this doesn't apply.

1) The only thing that is important is that it has the capacity to weigh you and that the values change as your weight changes.

That's it.

Accuracy and units of measure don't matter. The first day you get on the scale, you have a baseline. When you weigh yourself from that point on, if the numbers are going down, you're making progress. If they are going up, not so much.

Unless you're anorexic, you'll know when it's time to get an accurate scale.

I had to formulate this philosophy because I found myself procrastinating in moving towards weight loss until I found the perfect scale with my limited budget.

Replies

• delfonzo2000
    delfonzo2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What scale did you decide on?
  • johnmsmithers
    johnmsmithers Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not recommending the scale I have. I bought it because I ran across it at the local Bed Bath & Beyond, it had a high enough capacity to weigh me, and it was cheap. There weren't many other options. It is a Taylor 7544-4102BL Biggest Loser Cal-Max Glass Scale 440lb Max. It's got problems, if you look at the ratings on Amazon. It is sufficing, given the criteria I give in my OP, but I am looking for a replacement. It takes forever to determine your weight. Sometimes it can't settle down and auto shuts off without giving you a result. You can step on it multiple times and get different results every time. Again, it meets my basic criteria, plus it has a large footprint.