One Year Anniversary

Options
hkmurphy83
hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
A year and a few days ago, I received my brand new Wyoming Driver’s License in the mail and sat down and cried. I could not believe that my DL (which is supposed to represent who I am) made me look like a fat, Asian person. My chubby, chubby cheeks made my eyes look very narrow when I smiled (yes, I’m one of those smiling, DL people). A few days after that, August 1, 2012 to be exact, I decided to do something about it. I stepped on my scaled and weighed in at 266.4. That was only 8lbs less than my ultimate high weight of 274. I needed to do something about my weight!
I had done Weight Watchers with success in the past, but I didn’t want to pay for a service. My best friend was a successful MFP user so I figured I would give it a try. I joined MFP that day and started to learn about calories. I have had bad food days, bad food weeks even, but I have continued to try to lose for the past 365 days. I got very serious after Christmas, and I currently am very proud of my 216 consecutive log in streak here on MFP.

On December 29, I weighed in at 241. YAY!! I had lost 25 lbs in 5 months. Then I decided that I seriously needed to incorporate exercise into my routine. As someone who hated exercise, I knew I’d better start with something that I would enjoy. I did the 4-week Hip Hop Ab challenge with great success. I then completed the Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred program and her Ripped in 30 program. From there, I did a combination of various JM videos while walking at least 10 miles a week and doing Fluidity at least twice a week. In May, I started the C25K program and am now a proud graduate. I am scheduled to run my first official 5K in a Color Vibe run on August 24. I am also in the middle of Phase 2 of JM’s Body Revolution program.

I have not quite met my ultimate weight loss goal of 86.4 lbs (I’m 6.4 away), but I am very proud of my accomplishments so far. If anyone would have asked me a year ago if I thought I could lose this much weight (80 lbs!!!!), I would have laughed at them. I made a little goal in my head of losing a total of 52 lbs in a year (1 lbs a week average), but I honestly never thought I’d get there. I am trying to include comparison face shots. Please forgive the ones where I’m dirty straight out of the hayfield. I’ve also included ones where I’m clean with make-up on!

da9a90ec-7e95-438d-a192-ea7638ad481d_zpsbaa748ac.jpg

473d44c5-5a50-4640-a66c-5e445fa0034f_zps3f0a373d.jpg

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Bravo! You look great!! What an awesome year!!:flowerforyou:
  • misti3176
    misti3176 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great - so healthy and happy!! Thanks for sharing what worked for you - it is very inspiring.
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Amazing job :) Thanks for being an inspiration!
  • jodis319
    jodis319 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! What an inspiration. :smile:
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl! You are an inspiration! :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    wonderful job girl
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations on kicken butt your so awesome
  • toniju
    toniju Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You have done a great job and you have no idea how inspired I am because of you! Keep it up, you will have those last 6 pounds off in no time!
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!