When Should I Run? After Circuits or Alternate Days?

Options
I try to do circuit training, mostly Jillian Michaels, about 4 times a week. I also completed C25K a few months ago, and I'm struggling to maintain the endurance that I gained through that program. Therefore, I need to get a 30-45 minute jog in about 3 times a week. I'm not training for a race or anything. Should I be running after the circuit training to avoid muscle loss? I'm already fighting my "skinny fat", so it's important for me to maintain whatever muscles I have. Or, are my runs short enough that it won't make a difference? My goals right now are to continue building modest muscle mass, and shed this f*#%ing fat!

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I would walk after circuit training and run on alternate days. The walking will help your muscles and joints after the circuit training. Then you can run to build your endurance again on opposite days. You can always redo the C25K if you want, or move on to the B210K. There are also interval training apps that you can download that let you customize the high intensity/ rest/ low intensity times.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    as long as we're talking about relatively short runs and JM dvds, run whenever it fits into your schedule.
  • kntxx
    kntxx Posts: 29
    Options
    In my training, I run 3 days a week, and I do my cross-training/ strength training on the days that I don't run.