Ladies who lift - Quick question

Options
2»

Replies

• ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Im doing cardio, but everyone says I wont really lose and lean out unless I lift. I do not have a gym membership, and its not in the cards for me. How can I "lift" with my own body weight? I have kids and the daycare at the gym in this small town cost's more per week than the membership does per month. My thighs have GOT TO GO. They are huge compared to my waist. please help! :)

I do legs by lifting my 7 year old (60 pounds) in the air. It's fun bonding time. :)
    I've also used her heavy backpack to do random arm movements. :D

Just pick stuff up. You'll figure it out. :)
  • kellysam1
    kellysam1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you can always make your own weights if you don't want to by any
    for example 2 liter bottles filled with water will work or a back pack filled with items for weight
    www.bodyrock.tv
  • jennusf
    jennusf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out FitnessBlender.com and on the workout search, tweak it for just lower body workouts. If I feel like my legs haven't been punished too much in my workout that day, I do the 5 minute booty blast. It's a combination of leg lifts and squat variations that will make your legs scream--but you will feel like a million bucks when you're done!

I have big thighs--even when I've been super skinny with little stick arms (loooong time ago) my thighs have been thick. I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I've been doing lots of the lower body workouts on Fitness Blender. My legs are never going to be skinny, but they are getting to be rock-hard and are definitely smaller. Even though I've only lost 17 lbs, it looks like more I think.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have two 50# bags of sand that I keep in the backyard. I pick them up and put them down when I can't get to the gym or want to completely exhaust my legs after a run. I do squats with them, throw them around, put one on each shoulder and do modified lunges, etc...
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If you have an ipad or a smart phone get the app for You Are Your Own Gym. It costs $2.99 and is THE BEST app I've ever purchased. There are 10 week workouts sorted by levels with videos and timers for rest incorporated right in. The videos are demonstrations of every single move. So worth it!
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Google: "You are your own gym"

Should be exactly what you need.

^^This, I have the app on my phone also
  • kita_254
    kita_254 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Nike Trainer app is great! It gives u excercises that u can do at hone with no equipment and minimal equipment. They also have their workouts sectioned off. So, you would go to the "get lean" section. Hope that helps and best of luck to u!
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Tiny 8lb dumbbells are useless IMO. Use your body weight - push-ups, planks, squats, pull-ups, etc.

Definitely planks... they are my nemesis right now. Must defeat the plank!
  • hypatia67
    Options
    bump
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can also keep your eye on craigslist and try to pick up some cheap dumbbells, barbell and other strength training equipment and use those at home. That's what I did/do.

Yes!! Slowly get the tools you need to lift at home! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!