Beat my FIRST plateau!

Options
2»

Replies

• nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That's excellent. Gives me hope that one day I might get past my 4 month plateau. I only need to lose another 7 pounds and it just won't happen. Fingers crossed it might happen by the end of the year.
  • proudmommyof4angels
    Options
    I need to figure out that plan. Down 11 lbs. n 3 wks., 102 more to go to get there. Congrats on your success. :smile:
  • HaroldPH
    Options
    Good job bro. Lots of commentary on here too!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great post! You didn't "wa-wa-wa" about the plateau (like I usually do). You were scientific and methodical and persistent and you succeeded! You, sir, are a true problem-solver! Congrats!
  • SAH1906
    SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good job on your weight loss so far.

A plateau is generally defined as a static weight over a period of several weeks, usually a month to six weeks. So every time you stall for a week, I wouldn't necessarily add 200 calories, unless your increased exercise calls for that. Weight loss isn't linear, and there will be times when you need to stay the course over a period of time - especially when you get closer to your goal.

I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the wisdom!
  • SAH1906
    Options
    Bro... your message post here is like a fresh breath from Heaven!!!

Thank you, sir for taking the time to post this here. God bless! :happy:

You are welcome and thank you for encouragement. I stand with my Father regardless of what folks say and I'm happy that it was able to touch another.
  • SAH1906
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! It is appreciated. I really like the encouragement that goes on here at MFP. From my friends like my brother, HaroldPH to total strangers, this site is a great place for the intellect and emotion.
  • SAH1906
    Options
    I remember when I hit my plateau. Losing an average of 2 pounds a week for a weight loss contest and continued loss was key if I wanted to win. 6 weeks in I got on the scale and they hadn't moved. I had no plan. But reading this forum time and time again gave me the knowledge that I needed to change something. I started reading about macros an and knew that my protein intake was low so I changed my diet and added protein shakes in when I had the calories to spare. Low and behold the next week I was down 3 pounds. Glad that happened because now I need the protein as I started using weights now and I need that protein. I lost 20 pounds with diet and cardio and an additional 3 pounds (and one pant size) with weight training. I love MFP. I recommend it to everyone who wants to lose weight and inches!!!

I do as well. I actually thought it was a silly concept but committed to try it a week and realized so much from the forums and the actual calories I was cramming day after day.
  • SAH1906
    Options
    Thank you for posting this...i started to think i was the only person who had just kinds stopped! Lost just shy of 40lb now but need to lose another 20 really and finding it really hard to motivate myself!
    I'll get there though, I have a picture on the fridge that i find horrifying to look at so that should motivate me to not go back to that place!

Making a plan for the plateau is a really good idea and something i am going to look at! x

You are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to acknowledge that it helped you in some way. I love how it works around here!
  • SAH1906
    Options
    Good job bro. Lots of commentary on here too!

And thank YOU, brother! I was really inspired watching you do it and the success Brother Russ has had.
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This isn't 'Chit Chat and Fun'. I think you are in the wrong Forum. OP is giving credit where credit is due.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Speaking from the heart about plateau, that is what this posting is about. Many of us have been/are there, like me right now. And yes, thank God for helping us through this journey. ...:smile:
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You used the acronyms GOD and MFP. I know what MFP is, duh, but what is GOD?

I think he is actually referring to God.

That's not a familiar term to me. Sorry.

I just Googled god. I get now. He's thanking MFP, and god, a fictitious character. That seems weird.
    This is just purely rude. I am not a believer but I would never act in such a way as to make MFP a sounding board for a vendetta against people believing in god.
  • Lat1988
    Lat1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you here. Some people just need to keep their mouths closed if they have nothing nice to say. We are all here for the same reason, there's no need for negativity!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!