stop anxiety...

Options
I have since fall 2012 been having anxiety attacks.
and honestly the only BEST way to describe it is this: if feels like my ribs are being crushed in.

I have been working hard at drinking more water and less pop.
started hip hop abs exercising.

I do not know how I could stop the anxiety attacks.

if I continue less pop and be more active would that be ENOUGH?

Replies

• fitkate80
    fitkate80 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Panic attacks are scary. I had a really bad one once on a crowded train and literally thought I was having a heart attack. I'm sure you've probably already read it but this page seems useful: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000924.htm

I might recommend yoga for stress relief. If exercise, stress relief, and avoiding caffeine don't work there's no shame into looking into an RX (or a counselor) depending on how bad it is. better living through chemistry!

good luck!
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have panic disorder aka anxiety disorder, I was diagnoised a few years ago. So I know what you're experiencing. Stopping the soda pop could help but I would bet its not enough to stop it. I would suggest you talk to your doctor and a therapist to determine if this is a chemical imbalance or a result of some unresolved past issues. Please seek help. I did and it was the best thing I could have done for myself. I have them still but I am learning day by day to deal cope with them and learn to still be functional. Please seek help :) My current therapist says that exercise is just as helpful as therapy so I do both, maybe you can too.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've had anxiety disorder for years.

Get lots of exercise. Cut out caffeine as much as you can.

Go to the doctor if you can.
  • MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been there, and I feel for you. If you can, talk to your doctor about it and get a work-up done to make sure it's not being caused by something medical (I'm hypothyroid and if my levels are off, my anxiety skyrockets), and if possible, try to see a therapist specializing in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This really helped me. I know a lot of people who swear by exercise as well.