Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    South Africa - Cape Town and Kruger
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've never been to the West Coast (US) so I'd love to do a whirlwind tour out there. SanFran, LA, Vegas, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Salt Lake, etc.
  • brandynot
    Options
    Italy...vineyard hopping! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Down under, Australia baby!!
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A cruise b/c you can make friends with other single women there and go on outings together. Plus you pick a from locations and types.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Totally depends what you like doing on holiday!

In terms of English speaking places...

If you want warmer weather, in the Southern Hemisphere, New Zealand is great for stunning landscapes, beaches, forests, mountains etc. Australia is warmer, dryer and has diverse landscapes from deserts to tropical forests (and crazy wildlife). They are both around a 24 hour flight away - if you go, stop over in Singapore and stay in a hotel with a pool. Singapore is totally easy to get around with just English, is very warm, has good food and great shopping. Go to the zoo, it's brilliant.

The United Kingdom might be cold and damp in Nov but there is masses to see and do from shopping to eating out, history, the arts etc. as well as beautiful countryside.

I've only been to Winnipeg in Canada but I'd love to see more of it, especially Anne of Green Gables country around Prince Edward Island.

I haven't been to South Africa, but I've known lots of South Africans and they've all been lovely- friendly, hospitable with great food...

As a new traveller, you might like to join a tour and cover several cities around Europe over your two weeks just to give yourself an overview and also so you don't have to have the bother of sorting out hotels, getting around etc. yourself. There are river cruises down the Rhine River in Germany which look lovely.

What about Mexico as it's your neighbour? My mum went and liked it.

Or if you want a relaxing sunshine break, look into where is warm and reasonably close to the US where you can just lie on the beach and read a book (I don't know, but Google could tell you).

The world is your oyster!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    If it were me,...a quaint little B&B on the shore in the north east,..Main,....Cape Cod,...chilly yes,....awesome seafod,beautiful fall leaves,and ocean,bike trails,..little shops,...wine,..ahhhhh,thats the vaca I'm giving myself when I reach my goal!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Normally I'd say Sweden or the Netherlands but for winter...Costa Rica!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Maldives :)
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hm.. Germany! :)
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yucatan pennisula - See the Mayan ruins before the jungle reclaims them... or drink cheap Dos Equis... both good reasons

This!!! You can stay in cancun or Playa del Carmen or other places nearby! I just went and we did some day tours to see Tulum, and to two ecological water parks. You could spend all day snorkeling if you wanted to!! So beautiful and not ridiculously expensive.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    If it were me,...a quaint little B&B on the shore in the north east,..Main,....Cape Cod,...chilly yes,....awesome seafod,beautiful fall leaves,and ocean,bike trails,..little shops,...wine,..ahhhhh,thats the vaca I'm giving myself when I reach my goal!

this sounds great! or I agree with the cruise comments also. I love the outer banks of NC ~ Okracoke especially.
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Australia

38576641.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com- Nutrion Facts For foods
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've never been to the West Coast (US) so I'd love to do a whirlwind tour out there. SanFran, LA, Vegas, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Salt Lake, etc.

Now this is an idea! I have wanted to tour along the Pacific coast highway! hmmmmm
  • cutchro
    Options

this sounds great! or I agree with the cruise comments also. I love the outer banks of NC ~ Okracoke especially.

HA this would be great if I hadn't spent the first 40 years of my life in Maine and on Cape Cod! and yes to the seafood!!
  • cutchro
    Options
    Very informative thank you!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    First, kudos for traveling alone. That was scare me. Second, I have no idea. Maybe a cruise? That way you can be safe and secure, have a good time, meet new people, only "party" when you want to, and see multiple places within a week, and at the end of the day, be able to retreat to your private room on a ship.

I'm an avid cruiser and a huge fan, obviously. If you've never been, I highly encourage it. People think cruises are outrageously expensive, but I've found it's the only vacation we can afford, because of the all inclusive part...

Edit: are you a "professional" traveler? I ask because at times it can be difficult to maneuver by yourself in a foreign country. My mom, brother, and I took a Costa Rica trip and pretty much winged it. Most terrifying/rewarding/rocky trip of our lives. Didn't speak the language, didn't know our way around, but managed. It was definitely a test of humanity LoL but my point it, just be prepared for things like that. We were not.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Barcelona or Milan.

Been to both in the past two months, was incredible.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options

That sounds AMAZING.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean cruise