What are you currently watching?

Options
if you're like me, your THING is television shows. i'm not talking mindless, "zone out in front of the television" shows... but a series or two that you really enjoy and HATE to miss!

currently, my three are:

lost (it's over, but I haven't seen the last season yet. SHHHH! don't spoil!)
friday night lights (reminds me of my hometown in tx!)
dexter (most current one - my husband and i have got two more episodes until we're caught up and ready for the next season premiere!)

what shows are you watching, and why?

Replies

• egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The only show i make time to watch is NCIS. I really can't get into anything else, and i can never find the time to follow anything else.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I love reality tv lol its pathetic. jersey shore, BIG BROTHER, teen mom
    then we have tosh.o
    me and my boyfriend just got into weeds on showtime. we watched all seasons and are now up to speed lol
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Mine are

LOST (finished) :sad:
    24 (finished) :sad:
    Prison Break (Finished) :sad:
    Flash Forward (Finished) :sad:

Looking for something to replace them (need help)
  • ftt_nyeh
    Options
    How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory are my faves
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love to watch Hoarders!!! It makes me feel SO much better about my not-so-perfect house! LOL!
  • starstealing
    Options
    @jogging you might like dexter then! :]

@suzi i watched that for a little while, but it's almost depressing!
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    DEXTER!!!!! almost here I can't wait. AMAZING SHOW!!!!

Monk (finished)
    White Collar, The Closer (just finished their season though)
    Bones
    MODERN FAMILY best comedy ever, I love this show.

hmm I can't think of any since they'll have been off the air for the summer. I have a baby so I sit on the couch and we cuddle and go to sleep in the evenings, so I watch TV while she goes to sleep. Although most of the summer we've been outside till 9pm wearing her out going up and down the street and playing with her friends, we're going to go stir crazy this winter.

Rachelle
  • amg5157
    Options
    My number one fav right now is Vampire Diaries!!! (sounds like a teenybopper show but it soooooo isnt)

There there is...
    Bones
    House
    Lie to me
    True Blood(off until next season)

I cant believe I am going to miss Vamp. Diaries Thursday night... maybe I can convice the guy I am seeing to just stay at home and let me watch it with him at his place(not likely to happen but I can hope lol)....good thing there is DVR!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Actually ON TV, I enjoy:

How I Met Your Mother
    The Big Bang Theory
    2 1/2 Men
    V
    Bones

There are other shows I like, but I'm trying to cut way back on TV watching, so those are the ones I decided to watch regularly. I'm watching a couple series on DVD that I missed, including the early seasons of HIMYM and Big Bang. I'm also watching Ghost Whisperer and some Britcoms. We just finished Father Ted and the only two seasons of My Hero that made it to DVD. Both are hilarious and highly recommended!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    @stars , just googled it, looks like my kind of thing, thanks

@rml_16 I forgot about V (2010) thats should be on my list too, although i can still remember the original series :ohwell:
  • rml_16
    Options

@rml_16 I forgot about V (2010) thats should be on my list too, although i can still remember the original series :ohwell:

I started watching the new one because I remember LOVING the old one. I thought I remembered it, but I got the series through NetFlix last year and it was so different than I remembered. It was cheesy, but I enjoyed it, anyway.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Me and the boyfriend watch Big Bang ever week, and he's started watching HIMYM with me as well and is starting to get into it. We used to watch Gilmore Girls all the time before I went back to work...

Other than that, I've beem getting into Being Erica. We usually watch a whole lot of other crap as well, but we're not into reality tv at all.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Me and the boyfriend watch Big Bang ever week, and he's started watching HIMYM with me as well and is starting to get into it. We used to watch Gilmore Girls all the time before I went back to work...

I started watching HIMYM because there was nothing else on. I didn't really get into it and wasn't all that impressed until I went through Netflix and watched from the beginning. It makes a huge difference in the experience.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Mine are

LOST (finished) :sad:
    24 (finished) :sad:
    Prison Break (Finished) :sad:
    Flash Forward (Finished) :sad:

Looking for something to replace them (need help)

Flash Forward isn't coming back??! :cry:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Entourage
    True Blood
    How to make it in america
    Always Sunny in Philadephia
    Madmen
    Louie
    How I Met Your Mother
    Two & a Half Men
    Big Bang Theory

And right now I am watching Wall Street!!!
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also like watching 'Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations' Gotta love a food/travel show with a parental warning.

Ven
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    A lot of you will get a kick out of this but, I've just started Lost. Yes...from season one. I'm borrowing it from a friend that LOVES Lost and suggested it to me.

Otherwise, I don't have cable at home or even basic channels. Most of my TV watching is done via the web and after the fact.

So I agree, shhhhhh!! No Lost spoilers! :)

Cheers,

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • ceredonia
    Options
    I watch WAY too much TV. :D

House
    Lie To Me
    Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother
    Sons of Anarchy
    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Modern Family
    Cougar Town
    Covert Affairs
    White Collar
    Psych
    True Blood
    Vampire Diaries
    Supernatural
    Project Runway
    Eureka
    The League
    30 Rock
    The Office
    Community
    Castle
    Chuck
    Fringe
    Glee
    Greek
    Make It or Break It
    Melissa and Joey
    South Park
    Parenthood
    Drop Dead Diva
    Leverage
    Big Love
    Venture Bros.
    Entourage
    The C Word
    The Guild

Ones I want to try when they start this fall:
    The Event
    Undercovers
    Mike & Molly
    Boardwalk Empire
    Body of Proof
    The Defenders
    My Generation

Not to mention all the shows that have recently ended (LOST, Party Down, Ugly Betty, etc), and previous series that are now over (Buffy, Angel, Scrubs, Friends, Will & Grace, etc etc etc). Yes, this is a list of ones I'm *currently* watching, though some have ended their seasons for the summer (Lie To Me, Psych, White Collar, True Blood, Breaking Bad, Leverage, Entourage, etc).

I'm SURE there's more. I co-own a video store and my specialty is TV, haha. It's pretty much all I watch, and I keep up weekly. Yes, I'm pathetic! But if you ever need TV recommendations, hit me up!