My Journey Begins August 1st, how about yours?

Hello,

My name is Paul, 26, and I just joined MFP. To keep it short n sweet, I think this may be the tool to account me for my actions to get things done and logged.

I have about 50lbs to lose and no longer want the extra fat on my body. NO NO NO. I currently stand at 233lbs and want to reach 180lbs by the end of the year.

For those of you wondering why I don't have a picture up, it's because I actually look like the default silhouette lol :laugh:
So, if you're starting your journey tomorrow, friend me, and we will strive to accomplish our goals!

Note: I am NEW here, so I'm still exploring the site and seeing how everything works :D

Replies

• Hey Paul!

Good luck with your weight loss.

I'm 32 in a week and really wish I'd dropped 50 lbs when I was 26 instead of now.

My weight has been roughly:
    1999 - 175
    2000 - 200 (picked up the college 25)
    2001 - 210
    2003 - 250 (I dont even remember gaining all of this weight!!)
    2005 - 215
    2008 - 230
    2010 - 250
    What a roller coaster.

Today - 218

So I'm about to break back into TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE! When I break the 200 mark I'm going to do a happy dance.

I've kicked up my diet and exercise in the past few weeks and it is REALLY paying off. Whats your game plan?
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    I seriously started July 3rd. Been on here off and on but I told myself its time. Always looking for friends. Good luck!
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Started end of last year when I first discover mfp (146 lbs). Then, life went up and down due to my grandma passed away(157lbs). Getting back on track right now (153lbs) :drinker:
  • Welcome Paul.

I started July 1.

You can do it!
  • Kwob936
    Kwob936 Posts: 14 Member
    Hey! I have been on and off this sit all summer, but haven't figured out how to really use it. I am in the same boat as you. Hoping to really start losing some weight, and need all the help I can get.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Welcome!

Feel free to add me....
    Started (once again) yesterday July 30....
    have a goal to lose at least 20lbs by my
    birthday in October.
  • FitnessWithPaul
    FitnessWithPaul Posts: 274 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks! I'm excited to get the ball rolling in the AM.

I'm going to be doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred and will post a link HERE if you'd like to follow my success.
    Hey Paul!

Good luck with your weight loss.

I'm 32 in a week and really wish I'd dropped 50 lbs when I was 26 instead of now.

My weight has been roughly:
    1999 - 175
    2000 - 200 (picked up the college 25)
    2001 - 210
    2003 - 250 (I dont even remember gaining all of this weight!!)
    2005 - 215
    2008 - 230
    2010 - 250
    What a roller coaster.

Today - 218

So I'm about to break back into TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE! When I break the 200 mark I'm going to do a happy dance.

I've kicked up my diet and exercise in the past few weeks and it is REALLY paying off. Whats your game plan?
    A roller coaeter indeed. My game plan is to keep it plain and simple. Diet wise, I'm not cutting out junk food, but will only allow myself one meal a week if I so desire(a small combo, of course). Aside from that, everything will be store bought, cooked, and portion controlled. As for the exercise, I'll be working out 7 Days a week for the next 30 days, then down to 6 with 1 rest day.
    I seriously started July 3rd. Been on here off and on but I told myself its time. Always looking for friends. Good luck!
    You can do it!! I'll send a FR your way :D
    Started end of last year when I first discover mfp (146 lbs). Then, life went up and down due to my grandma passed away(157lbs). Getting back on track right now (153lbs) :drinker:
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma :( Hope everything is better and looking brighter for you :)
    Welcome!

Feel free to add me....
    Started (once again) yesterday July 30....
    have a goal to lose at least 20lbs by my
    birthday in October.
    I too want to lose 20lbs by October! I have a particular costume I want to wear for Halloween! hehehe

I'm actually pumped to get this done...

like...

now... haha.

AAHHHHHHH HALDAHJGOIAJFAKJDFL;AHRBGOAEIRJFVAWEJFOAGHAHA!!!!!!! *HULK MODE* :D
  • May everyone here have an ausome August :)
  • FitnessWithPaul
    FitnessWithPaul Posts: 274 Member
    May everyone here have an ausome August :)
    Thank you! You too! :)