recovered eating disorder friends?

Options
hi :)
i'm a teenage girl recovered from an eating disorder and thought it'd be nice to make some friends on here and we could help each other out?
let me know! xx

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    hello!!

feel free to add me, i actually just did a huge clean out of my friends because i got so sick of seeing fasting numbers, depressing statuses and how fat someone saw themselves as even though they are underweight.

i have been batteling an eating disorder going on 11 years this fall. i say batteling because i personally believe that recovery is a lifelong process, and that you are always fighing and batteling to remain strong.

i have been in recovery again now, on and off, for a few months. recently now more on than off. i have totally stopped weighing myself, and i still measure my food but not as obsessively as i used to which is a big step for me.

what really kind of got my behind going with this most recent recovery was a miscarriage i had several weeks ago. most likely because i have been underweight for so long, and i have not been treating my body well over the last decade.

unfortunately there are not any in person meetings where i live, but i do weekly eda phone meetings and i love them.

but yeah like i said feel free to add me for support, as long as you don't have any negative statuses constantly :wink:
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My battle began the summer before my 14th birthday, ten years the other day, I've fully been in recovery for the past five years or so. Feel free to add me!
  • wannabeadancer27
    Options
    I had an eating disorder when i was 12. It took me several years to address the emotional issues and stress that caused me to develop an eating disorder in the first place. I strongly believe that eating disorders should be categorized under OCD since you develop an obsession with habits and needing control.
    I'm finally at a place where I have cleared out so much of my emotional baggage, and i just want to be healthy.
    Feel free to add me.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    I have been both anorexic and bulimic but have have been happily recovered for a long time now :smile:
    It hit me when I was 17 and I had a hard time with it until I was about 24.

However I am old enough to be your mum and am prone to give the odd motherly lecture if I think its required :flowerforyou:

So won't be offended if you would prefer younger friends :blushing:
  • xyneshia
    xyneshia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have binge eating disorder and have been in recovery for a year now. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I started my recovery journey just over a year ago, its a long hard war, but im trying and winning a battle everyday im "clean" so to speak.
    it was so hard to confront what i was going through but i couldnt conquer what i couldnt face first. it was such a big and determining factor in my life for so long it was and still is very hard to live without it at times, but im getting there.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm older, 34, but have struggled with anorexia, bulimia and binge eating since I was about 13. I've been "in recovery" for about 5 months. It's still a fight from time to time (or even day to day) but I have never felt better about myself and that makes it all worth it!

To be honest, I think you need to be very careful about who you accept as friends. I think it can be very triggering (if you are still in a vulnerable state) to have others always talking about their issues with eating, especially other young girls (I was there once, I remember! ).

I wish all you ladies luck.
  • jessitherese
    jessitherese Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My anorexia began when I was 12 and I began treatment (I went inpatient 3x) when I was 15. I am 21 now and have been in recovery for over 5 years. Time to time I still struggle, but I haven't relapsed at all in quite a few years now. Feel free to add me :)!!
  • jessiefied
    jessiefied Posts: 167
    Options
    Im a recovered anorexic of 2/3 years now! However unfortunately when I started eating again my body did the opposite and I gained around 35 kilos! (78 odd pounds) All of a sudden I was eating sugar and trans fats and my body could handle it. All of a sudden I went from anorexia to binge eating. So I am back on here to learn how to eat healthy! Ironic huh! Anyway. I am about 1.5 weeks into my new healthy eating diet (cutting out sugar and being careful with my choices). Have lost only around 2 kgs (4-5 pounds) so far but I am finally learning to balance eating and not eating! Feel free to add me:)
  • charlestongirl2012
    charlestongirl2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    if anyone wants to add me they can
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Fellow petite chik here too. Really struggling with my bulimia binges and restriction ????. xx
  • randapanda16
    Options
    My eating disorder tendencies began when i was in the third grade. Hard to believe, but that's honestly when it started. Anxiety and depression became apparent around the 4th grade. It didn't get to the point of where I contemplated suicide until 7th grade. I've been getting help since off and on. I struggle sometimes, but I'm making my life about being HEALTHY and HAPPY. Rather than about thin and miserable.
    I would love to chat with anybody and everybody. :)
  • girlsthesedays
    Options
    I've struggled with eating disorders in the past but I have been much much better these last couple years. Feel free to add me!
  • justaheadshotgirl1
    Options
    I recovered from binge eating disorder this year although, I still struggle with my bulimia it has gotten a lot better over the past couple of months, I have stopping taking in over 6000 calories a day, and I have managed to get it down to just 1000. My doctors have suggested that I go on a 1000 calorie diet just to jump start some much needed weight loss, But after a few months I will be eating a normal 1300 calories a day. I have lost three pounds in the past two weeks and I am working on loosing another 5 by august 18th. I start school on that day :). If you need a friend message me! I'm here!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have been both anorexic and bulimic but have have been happily recovered for a long time now :smile:
    It hit me when I was 17 and I had a hard time with it until I was about 24.

However I am old enough to be your mum and am prone to give the odd motherly lecture if I think its required :flowerforyou:

So won't be offended if you would prefer younger friends :blushing:

Same here, but it may actually be best for you to have some sage advice from those who've long ago been there and done that.