I did it :)) 2 miles

Options
Mag1913
Mag1913 Posts: 21 Member
I decided to start jogging a little with my walks recently...tonight I jogged 2 miles straight :happy: for the first time EVER!!! I am hoping to do a Run or Dye 5K in October :bigsmile: might as well add fun to my challenge for myself!!!

Replies

• chadewey2000
    chadewey2000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!! I just did the same thing for 3 miles yesterday!! Keep it up!
  • Mag1913
    Options
    WOOT, WOOT!!!! that is great...you should be proud of yourself :)))
  • eaharo
    eaharo Posts: 2
    Options
    WOOT!!!
  • GoddezzSheila69
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations!
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    Nice!!!

My time in the army really did a job on my knees and ankles.

So I stick to walking.

Hoping to buy a rowing machine for the house soon.

Go get that 5k!!!
  • Sassyandsexymommy
    Sassyandsexymommy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is great! I hate to run and 2 mile sounds like such achievement! Keep up your hard work. You can do it.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats. You've got this!
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!

My time in the army really did a job on my knees and ankles.

So I stick to walking.

Hoping to buy a rowing machine for the house soon.

Go get that 5k!!!

Yeah, ruck marching sucks on the knees. But OP, great job on your accomplishment!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    That's great! I remember when I was able to get to two miles, it was such an awesome feeling :bigsmile: My current goal is to get up to 7 miles. Longest run to date is 6.43 miles.

Keep it up you're doing awesome!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can only make it one--but the first time I ever did even that was after I was 45! When jogging three miles a day through college I could never do a full mile without slowing back to a walk regularly (I think that I was too concerned about my weight and never ate enough to get strong--and then after having babies, I was fat AND weak). At least when you're 45 you can be proud of whatever you do, even when it's a 10 minute mile. One of the things I've learned though all these weight struggles is--fitness is SO much more important than the scale. And when you pursue fitness, the weight takes care of itself. I LOVE being fit enough to do things that were hard or I couldn't do at all before. Bet you agree!
  • Mag1913
    Options
    @MeadowSong...I am 42 and it felt wonderful achieving 2 miles straight :))) I feel the most fit I have in forever and I still have a long way to go...but every day I feel stronger and better about myself!!!

Thank you everyone for the congrats
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:) the high afterwards is almost the best part!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Super Job...keep up the good work.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Brilliant well done
  • msmithevv
    msmithevv Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good job! Before you know it you will be doing 3 miles. I am also doing a Run or Dye in October. Good luck!!
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm going to do the Run or Dye in my city in September. Really looking forward to it!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Great going you should be proud
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I remember when I posted the exact same achievement. I was glowing for days!!! I regularly run 2 miles and can do three if I really push myself. Every time I reach three I feel such a sense of satisfaction. That's the good thing with fitness goals, you just keep progressing so you get to continuously celebrate the new milestones!!!

Keep up the great work!!

FYI-You may have some days where you just cannot pull off the two miles, don't fret you will do it again. There are many times that I struggle even doing a mile, there are a lot of factors that play into whether a run is an easy one or hard one. Either way don't get discouraged if every run is not where you hoped it would be. Just get back at it and keep pushing yourself :)
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful. Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!