Trying to lose 20 pounds! Who's with me!

Options
I am at 130, but I'm 5'4. I am trying to lose 20 pounds the most to go back to my original weight. It's crazy yea, but I gained 20 pounds in a year. ???? My goal weight is 115. Ill settle for that.

Replies

• bachly37
    bachly37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i lost my goal of 20 lbs already. I would have been wise like you and tried to lose the weight right when i gained it. but instead i carried around extra weight for several years. good luck and well wishes :)
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My ticker says it all. :)
    Seriously, 20 lbs to go to "initial" goal- meaning I will be reassessing at that point to maintain or lose a little more. We can do this!
  • littlebee26
    Options
    I am at 130, but I'm 5'4. I am trying to lose 20 pounds the most to go back to my original weight. It's crazy yea, but I gained 20 pounds in a year. ???? My goal weight is 115. Ill settle for that.

Oooh I'm 5 4 and weigh 128 (lost 8 pounds in the last 4 weeks). I want to lose maybe another 8 - 10 pounds or so. We could support each other along the way. Friend request sent :)))
  • mastrom1
    mastrom1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45, I currently weigh 134 lbs, I'm only 5 feet tall, and would like to lose about 20 lbs as well. I've been tracking my calories for two weeks, and have lost nothing because I can't reduce my caloric intake enough to lose anything. I think I'm doing this all wrong. I usually track at night, when I've already eaten all my calories. Any ideas as to how to do this properly?
  • lgl003
    lgl003 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45, I currently weigh 134 lbs, I'm only 5 feet tall, and would like to lose about 20 lbs as well. I've been tracking my calories for two weeks, and have lost nothing because I can't reduce my caloric intake enough to lose anything. I think I'm doing this all wrong. I usually track at night, when I've already eaten all my calories. Any ideas as to how to do this properly?

You should make your diary public so that we can see where you might be going wrong.
  • bethanyfranco1
    Options

Hmm, maybe you have you activity level set too high? I'm set at lightly active, or the one above not active at all. You can also add exercise to your routine and not eat back the calories, but exercise makes most people hungry so that could be difficult. I'm 5'3" 135 lbs and my calories are set at 1290. I've only been on here a week, but it seems to be working for me because I lost a couple pounds.
  • joyatiray
    joyatiray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's me exactly! I am 5' 3" 130 pounds want to lose 20 pounds by around my 50th birthday ( Yikes!) on December 2nd.
    Trying to do a pound a week by watching what I eat with my fitness pal , also doing a version of the Paleo diet which means I am not doing grains or any sugar. Sounds extreme but I find that when you cut back on those things you stop wanting them.

Also run on the treadmill about 3 miles 5 to 6 days a week. I need to get the strength training in. I think that will help a lot.

Good luck to you and me! :)
  • mastrom1
    Options
    That's me exactly! I am 5' 3" 130 pounds want to lose 20 pounds by around my 50th birthday ( Yikes!) on December 2nd.
    Trying to do a pound a week by watching what I eat with my fitness pal , also doing a version of the Paleo diet which means I am not doing grains or any sugar. Sounds extreme but I find that when you cut back on those things you stop wanting them.

Also run on the treadmill about 3 miles 5 to 6 days a week. I need to get the strength training in. I think that will help a lot.

Good luck to you and me! :)
  • mastrom1
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear from you! I would like to stay away from grains and sugar as well, but it's pretty much what I eat on a daily basis. I'm a working mom of two busy girls, and the fastest thing to make when we get home at 7:00 at night is pasta. And I'm probably addicted to sugar. How did you find the strength to cut it out?