Need new people to keep me going!

Options
Hey,

I've been on MFP on and off for about 2 years now.

Initially I did pretty awesome and went from 165lbs to 133lbs.. I then hit a major plateau that went on for about 8 months until eventually I gave up and ended up putting most of my weight back on again!

I'm now restarting at 160lbs, I'm still fit because although I gave up on eating healthy I still went to the gym and did my mud run (my profile pic is proof I did it properly!)

I have a holiday coming up in October and I'm determined to get down to at least 140lbs by then.. Even better if I can reach 130lbs.

So please add me so I can have some support!!

Replies

• MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Much like you, I've been on this website for a good year now. Lost quite a bit initially, but I stalled since Christmas for various reasons- and it's only been within the past month that I've been able to get the scale to reverse.

I'd be happy to support you! Hoping to do a mud run myself next year, so a few tips would be fantastic. (Also hoping to get just as muddy: if I don't come out of that day caked I'll find another mud pit to jump in. :D ) I tend to eat fairly healthily, although woe betide anyone that gets between me and my odd pizza/Chinese/cake/slatherings of peanut butter. Also a big runner hoping to go back to the gym again come September to start some weights with earnest, something I've dabbled in a few times before but haven't really committed to.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    The mud run was great! I found the initial stretch a little hard as it was about 25 degrees the day we did ours so I tired quite quickly.. But the second we hit the muddy pools the adrenaline starts rushing and it's just like being a kid again! I face-planted the mud a good 5-6 times, I had too much momentum running down hills so couldn't stop once I'd reached a slidey bank!

I'm so pumped to do another but there isn't one I'm free for until next year now!

I've sent you a friend request :)
  • muddyevil
    Options
    I've been using MFP on and off for a couple years now, I find it a lot easier to lose weight when I have something to keep me accountable, so I would be happy to build up a friends list! :-3
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request :) anyone else can add me too :) Have a great day!
  • pinkbananashoes
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me, I've been a similar journey and now this is the final push that's really going to get me down to a healthy weight. Good luck! Harri x
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm here if that's any good for anyone.

Jeeeeez that mud run looks awesome, is that similar to Spartan ?
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support and motivation, I try to log in every dag! If I see one of my friends doesn't log in for a while i do delete them, but if you're serious about this, add me for sure:)
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : ) That mud run looks like so much fun!
  • mathairmhor
    Options
    I've only been a member for a few weeks. I have found in the past that I do better with weight loss and exercise if I'm held accountable. Would be happy to be added as a friend because I would benefit from people helping me keep going. Especially when I start back to work in September. That's when I have the hardest time. Please feel free to add me also
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have been on for almost a year and need more friends. I too am a beginner runner.
  • dwendling63
    Options
    Hey! I'm a "people"...I'd love to be your friend! Good Luck! I look forward to watching your progress on MFP! Send me a request! ~ Dwendling63 (a.k.a Robin)
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm here if that's any good for anyone.

Jeeeeez that mud run looks awesome, is that similar to Spartan ?

Yea it's not far off, less obstacles I think :)
  • 2princes
    2princes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That Mud Run looks like a blast! I am going to do the "Color Me Rad" run this year - totally looking forward to it :) I have been on this site for a long time too but haven't really explored the community part of the site until recently. I am finding it really helps and I have lost 5lbs so far :) Wooop! I also like the motivation - I'll add you! - Kristal