Lost my mojo!

Options
Have about 5 pounds to go and I've lost my mojo. Doing great during the day but drinking wine and overeating at night. Just don't seem to care after work. Simply want to relax and feel good. Motivation needed. Help.

Replies

• heartwarmer22
    heartwarmer22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Up until a week ago I was doing the same thing. I have to "geek" myself up to exercise or go for a walk. I try to remind myself how great I feel after I've worked out. There were a couple nights I came home this week & actually worked out in my office work clothes because if I stopped to change into actual workout clothes I wouldn't have exercised. You just have to remind yourself why you are doing this, and no matter what, push thru the emotional side of it. My new motto is: "Without discipline & self-control you're never going to be the person you say you want to be." Try to stay positive. :smile:
  • Madele1ne
    Madele1ne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Do you equate relaxing with eating and drinking?
    Maybe you could try substituting some other activity that is just as relaxing (I have no concrete suggestions, I think getting a massage every day could prove quite expensive!)
  • travpsu1
    travpsu1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's tough when you wait to get home to get any behavior modification to stick. I find I have to get up earlier to work out in the morning. Then I change my patterns in the evening so I don't end up doing the same things again. Also, I think after four days you need a day or rest so you should factor that in as well. After 4 50 minute sessions this week today is my day of rest and tomorrow I"ll get up and hit it again. Plus find friends to help. That's my 2 cents...t
  • Jennrunns
    Jennrunns Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for suggestions! I do workout (run) usually at lunch or sometime during the day at work. Otherwise in the morning before work if it's not too hot. My biggest challenge is definitely the evening. I'm going to have to get myself past that 'I think I'll have a glass of wine' stage of the evening. Like everything I just have to make up my mind and stick with it. Then as I see the weight coming off again and that I feel better that will be my inspiration. I don't equate eating with relaxing but I sure do equate wine drinking with relaxing. :drinker: Gonna have to nip it in the bud (pun intended). :smile: