I am proud of me!

Options
This morning my husband said, "let's go get your cake boards and go get some breakfast"- now when he says go get some breakfast he means fast food biscuits and hashbrowns- and I said "ok". I thought about the sausage cheese biscuit I usually eat for breakfast, and truly it was not tempting to me this time- for today, my mind is stronger than that sausage and cheese biscuit. He went through the drive-thru and got his usual fast food breakfast, and I went home and made my oatmeal with fruit. Proud of myself, the last time I tried to lose the weight, there is not way I could have resisted that biscuit. I think the work I am doing on my thinking is really working to help my eating- change your thoughts and change your habits, it works.

Replies

• katrina668
    Options
    That's great! It really is mostly getting your mind in the right place, you're body is just enjoying the ride :) Keep it up!
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome! It would have been so easy for you to just get the biscuit! Good job! :)
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I get put in the same situations with my husband...a lot! Good for you.....you did an awesome job!!!!
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You *should* be proud of you! Congrats on resisting the sausage cheese biscuit :) go you!!
  • minijag06
    Options
    Good will power! Another thing that I think about: I am not going to eat a bunch of useless calories at the beginning of the day. I do have a cheat meal once or twice a week - and I enjoy it!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you!! That is wonderful-and makes this entire journey easier-keep up the great work!
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be proud of yourself! I had a similar moment last night - we were running late for DD's cheerleading practice, so we went through the McDonald's drive thru - DD got her chicken nugget happy meal (no sauce) and I just ordered a coffee. I had my dinner after practice when we got home!
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! That is a great feeling ! Changing your mindset is great!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I truly understand and am proud of you too! I am also a recovering biscuit addict! I reward myself periodically, but at least I'm down from two a day. It takes a mind change to get to where you are! Good going!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job! Those yummy biscuits are a nice treat now and then, but you made a wise choice.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well done for being so strong, you should be proud of yourself, keep up the good work and you'll see great results.
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!!
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Great will power. Give yourself a pat on the back.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A nice victory to start the day -- good for you!