Looking for a good motivational team!

Hey everyone! I'm from the Memphis, TN area. I'm training for a marathon in Las Vegas in November. I have a lot of weight to lose in a very little amount of time! I'm doing it safely...not starving myself or anything. I'm just hitting the gym and doing a lot of running to prepare. I'm just looking for a good team of motivated people to keep me going when it gets really difficult!

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    :flowerforyou: welcome aboard, good luck with your run, I'm headed for Vegas this weekend, I'm here daily, feel free to add me...there's a lot of great support here....????????
  • Hi! I am also new to running...I'm really enjoying it though. I am not training for a specific event, I just used to enjoy running in my younger days and thought that's where I would start on my weight loss journey, plus, I am a mother of 2 and it gets me out of the house for a while for some "Mommy time". haha. I am currently using the RunDouble app on my Droid. I really like it, it has several different programs, couch-to-5K, 5K-10K, 10K-1/2 marathon, and a 5Kimprover. I added you as a friend, think it's amazing you are going to attempt a marathon in that amount of time! Hey, if you put your mind to it though....you can do anything !!
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Congrats on your goal, that's so exciting! I'm a super motivator and always open to having new friends who will return the favour....it really makes a difference, I've found. I'm also a runner who hopes to maybe do a marathon one day. I sent you a request. :)
  • dvjohnson21
    dvjohnson21 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm starting to get into running aswell :) I've run a few 5Ks and did the Spartan Race. To date I've lost 45lbs :) Feel free to add me. I could use some more motivation too!