Hello Everyone!!

Options
Hey guys!!! I hope everyone is off to a great week of weight loss. I am just starting my journey this week and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and need some tips for motivation and just tips overall that you guys have found that work for you.

I am 26 years old and I am a Teacher so I do a lot of standing and walking around all day. I am also exercising in the evenings. However, I am finding myself a little hungry at night because I have already met my calories for the day. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Thanks and I look forward to this journey with all of you!!
:wink:

Replies

• alliod
    Options
    Hi there!

Sounds like you are off to a very good start!
    I have two thoughts regarding hunger at night or actually anytime.
    First , in my first week I was much more hungry than I am now (week 6), many of those pangs will subside as your body becomes adjusted to the changes in food intake.
    Second, my savior has been Special K cereal bars, they are only 90 calories, come in many flavors, and add some" sweet" to my diet. I carry a few in my purse, and I usually have 90 cals left at the end of the day if I'm hungry before bed, because for me it is difficult to sleep if I am hungry. Many times I will eat one before I get too hungry, or just prior to bed and it will help!
    So I try and save some calories for night because I tend to be hungrier at night than in the A.M.
    Best of luck!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Popcorn. I probably have popcorn 2-3x a week in the evenings. I bought a Whirly Pop (http://www.target.com/Whirley-Pop-Stovetop-Popcorn-Popper-Theater/dp/B00004SU35) and it doesn't use much oil -don't use the prepacked popcorn they might sell with it -loads of calories there- and it satisfies my munching craving . Just a few shakes of salt and I'm set!!

Good luck and welcome.