Where would you go?

2»

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Yucatan pennisula - See the Mayan ruins before the jungle reclaims them... or drink cheap Dos Equis... both good reasons

This!!! You can stay in cancun or Playa del Carmen or other places nearby! I just went and we did some day tours to see Tulum, and to two ecological water parks. You could spend all day snorkeling if you wanted to!! So beautiful and not ridiculously expensive.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    If it were me,...a quaint little B&B on the shore in the north east,..Main,....Cape Cod,...chilly yes,....awesome seafod,beautiful fall leaves,and ocean,bike trails,..little shops,...wine,..ahhhhh,thats the vaca I'm giving myself when I reach my goal!

this sounds great! or I agree with the cruise comments also. I love the outer banks of NC ~ Okracoke especially.
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Australia

38576641.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com- Nutrion Facts For foods
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    I've never been to the West Coast (US) so I'd love to do a whirlwind tour out there. SanFran, LA, Vegas, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Salt Lake, etc.

Now this is an idea! I have wanted to tour along the Pacific coast highway! hmmmmm
  • cutchro
    If it were me,...a quaint little B&B on the shore in the north east,..Main,....Cape Cod,...chilly yes,....awesome seafod,beautiful fall leaves,and ocean,bike trails,..little shops,...wine,..ahhhhh,thats the vaca I'm giving myself when I reach my goal!

this sounds great! or I agree with the cruise comments also. I love the outer banks of NC ~ Okracoke especially.

HA this would be great if I hadn't spent the first 40 years of my life in Maine and on Cape Cod! and yes to the seafood!!
  • cutchro
    Very informative thank you!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    First, kudos for traveling alone. That was scare me. Second, I have no idea. Maybe a cruise? That way you can be safe and secure, have a good time, meet new people, only "party" when you want to, and see multiple places within a week, and at the end of the day, be able to retreat to your private room on a ship.

I'm an avid cruiser and a huge fan, obviously. If you've never been, I highly encourage it. People think cruises are outrageously expensive, but I've found it's the only vacation we can afford, because of the all inclusive part...

Edit: are you a "professional" traveler? I ask because at times it can be difficult to maneuver by yourself in a foreign country. My mom, brother, and I took a Costa Rica trip and pretty much winged it. Most terrifying/rewarding/rocky trip of our lives. Didn't speak the language, didn't know our way around, but managed. It was definitely a test of humanity LoL but my point it, just be prepared for things like that. We were not.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Barcelona or Milan.

Been to both in the past two months, was incredible.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member

That sounds AMAZING.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Mediterranean cruise
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Argentina - a week in Buenos Aires, a few days in wine country, a few days seeing amazing things like Iguazu Falls. Or a week in Belize and a week in Costa Rica. Or the cruise that goes through the Panama Canal. Or a guided hike across Bhutan. Or the Gold Coast in Australia. Or a north-to-south tour of New Zealand. Or getting a lot of sun in Fiji.

Too many options.
  • cutchro
    First, kudos for traveling alone. That was scare me. Second, I have no idea. Maybe a cruise? That way you can be safe and secure, have a good time, meet new people, only "party" when you want to, and see multiple places within a week, and at the end of the day, be able to retreat to your private room on a ship.

I'm an avid cruiser and a huge fan, obviously. If you've never been, I highly encourage it. People think cruises are outrageously expensive, but I've found it's the only vacation we can afford, because of the all inclusive part...

Edit: are you a "professional" traveler? I ask because at times it can be difficult to maneuver by yourself in a foreign country. My mom, brother, and I took a Costa Rica trip and pretty much winged it. Most terrifying/rewarding/rocky trip of our lives. Didn't speak the language, didn't know our way around, but managed. It was definitely a test of humanity LoL but my point it, just be prepared for things like that. We were not.

I am an avid traveler of the Eastern US....I am not scared but nervous about traveling alone... Never done that before. However, I want to go and no one else can afford a trip or the time off from work so if I want to go I must go alone. And I WILL! I am prepared for nothing and everything. Thanks I am leaning towards a cruise or a tour of the Pacific Coast Highway. Never been there... :)
  • cutchro
    Okay getting a bucket list item scratched off... doing a West coastal tour Seattle to San Diego and back and everywhere in between. My BFF is joining me so won't be alone... next trip 2014....Med-Cruise!! Thanks Y'all
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Yucatan pennisula - See the Mayan ruins before the jungle reclaims them... or drink cheap Dos Equis... both good reasons

This. Them you can go to Cancun and Cozumel for the beaches after.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Tokyo!! I just spent a week there. It's already my 3rd visit. Absolutely amazing city that has it all!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Machu Picchu - i haven't been yet. But make sure you don't get elevation sickness!

Bon Voyage!