Lower Belly Pooch

Options
Hey Guys, I really need help getting rid of my lower belly fat... Any suggestions?

Replies

• lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Options
    Sorry to say you can not spot reduce. Additionally most belly fat is all about your diet. You need to eat clean and workout.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise. Time. Repeat.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're at a goal weight, or still losing, but w/women that's usually the first place we gain & the last area we lose the weight from. As you continue to lose & get healthier, it should shrink in size, but remember it may be the last flab to go. So just keep eating right AND exercising, although the previous poster is right that you can't spot reduce.

That said, there is one thing I've found that helps tremendously & is super easy to do. A friend of mine had the flattest abs I'd ever seen...EVERYONE noticed it. So I asked him what his secret was...thousands of sit ups or hundreds of crunches? No, he said he rarely did abdominal exercises, but here's what he DID do. He said that during all his waking hours, he would try to pull in his gut/stomach, as hard as he could, at all times. Most people just naturally kind of of slouch a bit & that makes any pooch look worse, but stand in front of a mirror the way you usually do, then stand up straight & pull it in...it automatically makes you look like you weigh several pounds less. When I do this I notice an improvement right away. I usually attach a string to my watch, or put a rubber band on my wrist, so that whenever I look at my watch, it reminds me to keep pulling it in. When you tighten your belt in the morning, pull in your stomach as hard as you can & adjust the belt so it's comfortable when you're pulling it in...then whenever you feel it's too tight, it'll remind you to pull it in. At first you may be a little sore in your abs, or even your back, but as you get used to doing it, you won't be sore & will notice you start to hold it in without thinking about it. Remember, just pull it in as hard as you can at all times. Let me know how it works for you.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Very similar question to this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1061358-how-to-get-a-flat-stomach-do-i-need-to-lose-more-fat

You might find some helpful answers there.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're at a goal weight, or still losing, but w/women that's usually the first place we gain & the last area we lose the weight from. As you continue to lose & get healthier, it should shrink in size, but remember it may be the last flab to go. So just keep eating right AND exercising, although the previous poster is right that you can't spot reduce.

That said, there is one thing I've found that helps tremendously & is super easy to do. A friend of mine had the flattest abs I'd ever seen...EVERYONE noticed it. So I asked him what his secret was...thousands of sit ups or hundreds of crunches? No, he said he rarely did abdominal exercises, but here's what he DID do. He said that during all his waking hours, he would try to pull in his gut/stomach, as hard as he could, at all times. Most people just naturally kind of of slouch a bit & that makes any pooch look worse, but stand in front of a mirror the way you usually do, then stand up straight & pull it in...it automatically makes you look like you weigh several pounds less. When I do this I notice an improvement right away. I usually attach a string to my watch, or put a rubber band on my wrist, so that whenever I look at my watch, it reminds me to keep pulling it in. When you tighten your belt in the morning, pull in your stomach as hard as you can & adjust the belt so it's comfortable when you're pulling it in...then whenever you feel it's too tight, it'll remind you to pull it in. At first you may be a little sore in your abs, or even your back, but as you get used to doing it, you won't be sore & will notice you start to hold it in without thinking about it. Remember, just pull it in as hard as you can at all times. Let me know how it works for you.

Sounds like a perfect way to reduce your quality of life by limiting your breathing.

Wait... Are you serious or joking?
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Pooch = A colloquial term for "dog"

I always wondered why people compared their bellies to a dog.
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Pooch = A colloquial term for "dog"

I always wondered why people compared their bellies to a dog.

Well I will take a stab at the etymology, but keep in mind I am making this up.

Poche is French for pocket or pouch, which is where we get the word pouch, from which we get the word pooch by either going back to the French or simply modifying the English.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I always called it a pouch, myself.
  • StillStrugglin
    StillStrugglin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hmm, don't know how much weight loss you're talking or what skin your condition is in or how old you are or if you've had kids or how big of a pouch but I lost almost 200 lbs and so I cut that fecker off! *lol* Abdomenoplasty was the best money I ever spent. :) They chopped off 17 lbs of "tissue". Lawdy!
  • pcastagner
    Options
    I always called it a pouch, myself.

I call it my belly dog
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Lolwut?
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    EAT LESS, MOVE MORE!

Or go see the best plastic surgeon in town. :laugh:
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Sounds like a perfect way to reduce your quality of life by limiting your breathing.

Wait... Are you serious or joking?

You DON'T hold your breath!! Silly doofus. :laugh:
  • pcastagner
    Options

Lolwut?

What is so hard to understand? To get a flat tummy, you just have to SUCK IT IN ALL DAY.

I wish I'd known this BEFORE I started a caloric deficit.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Lolwut?

What is so hard to understand? To get a flat tummy, you just have to SUCK IT IN ALL DAY.

It doesn't work! I tried this, when I exhaled my belt buckle broke lose and sling shot across the room! Hahaha!
  • pcastagner
    Options

Lolwut?

It doesn't work! I tried this, when I exhaled my belt buckle broke lose and sling shot across the room! Hahaha!

Obviously you just let your guard down. The trick is to suck it in ALL DAY.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Lolwut?

That's way too much work. I'll just stay fat.
  • pcastagner
    Options

Lolwut?

That's way too much work. I'll just stay fat.

Well don't come crying to me abut your belly dog then.
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say you can not spot reduce. Additionally most belly fat is all about your diet. You need to eat clean and workout.

I agree!! You can't help where you lose the weight. Abs are created in the kitchen.. 80% diet..20% exercise. However you look at it..you have to eat clean and keep up the workouts. You've got this!! Just keep it up and you will start to see differences.. (Im in the same boat..lol)
  • pcastagner
    Options

I agree!! You can't help where you lose the weight. Abs are created in the kitchen.. 80% diet..20% exercise. However you look at it..you have to eat clean and keep up the workouts. You've got this!! Just keep it up and you will start to see differences.. (Im in the same boat..lol)

I think I'll just stick to eating dirty and eating less.

Because I love ice cream. And pork bellies.