my new favorite snack

Options
I love cottage cheese to begin with.

but recently while finishing up a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese I decided to take my cinnamon pill with it (I take two a day).

I noticed the aftertaste of swallowing the pill and the taste of the cottage cheese together were kinda nice.

So I blended some Sweet Leaf sweetner and I opened one of the cinnamon capsules and lightly sprinkled some of it on the cottage cheese.

WOW...tastes sorta like rice pudding. I'm sure honey or splenda would work just as good to sweeten it.

I'm gonna try and see what slightly freezing it does (other than the obvious of freezing it).

Replies

• BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hmm never thought of that.. Hey what are cinnamon pills suppose to do for u?
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting and Yummy!! I might have to try that. Good luck with the freezing part. Keep us posted on how that turned out.

To be honest, I have never heard of a cinnamon pill.
  • MStorey79
    Options
    Cinnamon is supposed to help lower your colesterol and heart rate. I put cinnamon on my Cherrios in the morning to help give the cereal a little kick. It is a good replacement for sugar on cereal since the taste receptors on your tonge for sweet and spice are one in the same.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I love pineapple in my cottage cheese. Safeway sells it already mixed with pineapple, so I just get that. It's yummy... I polished off my container last night.
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    oh wow thanks for the reminder!!! You can also add peaches or pineapple chunks to make a very tasty and healthy treat/snack
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have also tried different flavors on cottage cheese, like lemon and vanilla with a sweetener. It's very tasty. My favorite is cottage cheese with sliced fresh peaches, depending on their sweetness I might add sweetener. Be Well, Live Well
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Oh :) Love cinammon, may sprinkle some on my morning toast or oatmeal :):) Didnt know it lowered cholesterol even tho mine is now normal would be good to lower a little more :)

Thxs for the info
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I remeber my mom sprinkling white sugar on our cottage cheese when I was a kid. She would also put cinnamon and sugar on white rice.