Couch25k to Zombies, Run!

Options
So I've been doing the C25K program because I've been wanting to get back into running. I was on week 2 day 2, but I didn't really feel like I was progressing much. I usually turn up my music and just focus on bettering my time, but I just couldn't get passed day 2, I think I repeated it twice or three times. Anyways, after reading several posts about slowing down and focusing on breathing techniques, I downloaded the Zombies, Run! app just to see if I could follow along. I kept my music off and it seemed to really help me focus on my breathing, not to mention I slowed wayyy down...but I successfully jogged 2 miles (only having to stop twice because of those dang side stitches, but even when I walked I only walked long enough to catch my breath and pick back up).

I'm so excited! Lol I haven't jogged more than half a mile since I was in high school! I just felt like Id share my success lol :D

Replies

• goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Zombies, Run! I just completed week 3 day 2.
  • Janyaa
    Janyaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just started the Zombies, Run! app, too! I've been having some difficulty with it syncing to my zombies link page. Have been talking to their customer support. I'm hoping the issues get fixed soon!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The original Zombies, Run is what got me started exercising. And now I'm doing the Zombies Run 5K training, which is a great program. Challenging but not without the ability to tailor the program to your needs. I just did Week 6, Day 2 yesterday and I'm both excited for and sad about finishing the program!