I gained a few pounds back...

Options
i went from 144 to 147 in a week :( i've been exercising daily but cheating a little. motivation to go on....? thank you

Replies

• bayoncay
    bayoncay Posts: 11
    Options
    :*
  • Maribethlove
    Maribethlove Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You got this!! I actually just had a weekend where I didn't exercise and ate like a beast and gained 2 pounds! Just get back into your routine and drink tons of water! I lost that weight I gained in just a few days and then some! Just gaining back a few pounds is nothing like gaining back what you have lost! Keep your head up!
  • clo92boom
    clo92boom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't dwell on it, remember that even with gaining 3lbs you've still lost 10! Just return to your usual healthy routine and you'll have dropped them again in no time
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When you excersise daily your body goes through changes where its adjusting to a routine of some sort and it's completely normal to gain some weight. If you stick with working out, changing up your routine between cardio and strength, and most of all keep a clean diet the pounds will start melting off.

I was worried at first too cause when I started spinning I went from 146/147 to almost 150 but then I started keeping track of inches and I lost a few.

It could be muscle mass being gained and also when you work out your muscles hold on to water so be sure to drink plenty of water. For you to gain 3 pounds in a week you'd have to have a 10,500 calorie surplus in addition to the calories you've been eating based on your BMR and such.

Just keep going and you'll see results and it's definitely ok to indulge from time to time but don't make it a daily thing. :) Keep it clean and keep working.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's a fluctuation, not a gain. Unless you ate an extra 10,500 calories above your maintenance over the past week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    i went from 144 to 147 in a week :( i've been exercising daily but cheating a little. motivation to go on....? thank you

That is just a normal body weight fluctuation. It's pretty much scientifically and mathematically impossible to actually gain 3 Lbs of actual fat in a week. What you have there is 3 Lbs of water...probably attributable to a high sodium day...maybe not enough water consumption...or change in workout. It's not fat....'cuz science.
  • bayoncay
    bayoncay Posts: 11
    Options
    thank you all!!
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    go by the mirror
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm up and down 2-3 pounds all the time. Just stay on top of it and make sure you aren't backsliding.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If everyone's cupboards/refrigerator doors were mirrors, how many of us would still be fat?
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    Don't use it as an excuse to give up! We all have less than motivated days but we don't want to end up back where we started.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! just start again and watch your diet more closely and log your food like you should, keep going- you will get there :happy:
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    If everyone's cupboards/refrigerator doors were mirrors, how many of us would still be fat?

omg you are a genius, I am going to hang a full length mirror on my refrig door
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    go by the mirror

also the waistband, belt, stuff that used to be tight...