The hard work is paying off!

Options
Nobody has really noticed my weight loss yet.....doesn't help that everyone I see, I see daily or almost daily at work etc. Anyway, today my husband came home from work today, gave me a kiss and then he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me....right as he was letting go of me he said "You feel smaller!" :smile: I put my hands up in the air and said "YES!!!" LOL!!!! Best feeling! :smile: Makes all the hard work so worth it! :drinker:

Replies

• PickyNikki
    Options
    Congratulations, that's great! And 17 lbs down is no small feat :flowerforyou:
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    it is best when your other half notices. :) CoNgRaTs !!! :o)
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Keep it up :smile: :drinker:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi Miss M,

I know the boat you in totally. (I think we are rowing it together) I've lost 13, and 13 pounds doesn't put you in a new wardobe, just make the wardore you have fit better or be a little loose.

I'm proud of you! There have been posts about how hard it is to see the physical differences in yourself. I think that others have problems seeing the changes until the changes are so dramatic that you'd have to be blind NOT to see it.
  • Texemgirl
    Options
    YAHOOOO!!! Oh, Maureen, I am sooo happy for you! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: That was better than all the chocolate in the world! :love: :love: :love: Congrats on all your hard work! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Karen
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Good job! Everytime you feel like you are gonna fall off the wagon, just think about that moment!!!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's an amazing feeling!! :flowerforyou:
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    WOOOHHOOOO GO YOU!!! and I have to say gooooo husband for noticing not everyman out there notices things like that and most men wouldn't mention it if they do notice.
  • bebby
    bebby Posts: 18
    Options
    It's funny actually because even at 29 pounds lost, no one at work really notices because they see you every day. My boss says that she didn't even realize that I had gained weight. But when someone does notice, it's an amazing feeling for certain.

Congratulations on the 17 pounds!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My boss finaly said something at 22 pounds lost. But they have seen me gain and lose the first 10 so many times I don't think they notice fluxes anymore. Only my family seems to notice this time. I kinda like it. Now that we are coming into cooler weather I want unveil next summer with a surprisingly fit body. Just my fantasy.
  • ByTheBeach
    Options
    that's wonderful! keep it up!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    My boss finaly said something at 22 pounds lost. But they have seen me gain and lose the first 10 so many times I don't think they notice fluxes anymore. Only my family seems to notice this time. I kinda like it. Now that we are coming into cooler weather I want unveil next summer with a surprisingly fit body. Just my fantasy.

It doesn't have to be a fantasy. It CAN be a reality if you want it bad enough. I can't wait to feel comfortable in a bikini again.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou: Texemgirl....yes it was better than any amount of chocolate! :drinker:

Sorry about the double post, though :blushing:
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! It's the best when the person who sees you day in and day out notices! Congrats on your success :smile:
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! When I lost 20 pounds while my husband was away for 2 months.. he came back and couldnt' stop telling me how much thinner I was.. It was the BEST feeling in the world. I still hold onto the words he said to keep myself on track and keep going to get more fit. I have been losing more inches than pounds though. As I build muscle and burn fat.. the scale doesn't change as dramatically as the measurements. I lost 8 dress sizes with those 20 pounds! But I gained some muscle weight, and I am perfectly happy with that :drinker: Keep up the good work!!
  • PennyRiha
    Options
    :happy: I have lost 42 lbs since March! My husband is very supportive and gives me accolades all the time, which I appreciate. I'm just not losing as much per month as I was the first 3 months. And I'm having trouble drinking 8 glasses of water. I do drink 6 glasses of water or Crystal Light each day. And I walk 3 times per week and work out twice a week. It's a long battle and I let myself get way too heavy before I decided to lose the weight. I'm a size 12 now, but want to be a size 8. Sometimes I gain part of a lb when I weigh myself, and I don't know why! :sad:

Congrats to all who have lost weight on MFP. It's great! Keep up the good work!
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I have this idea too that once winter hits I'll be in sweaters and layers, so that in spring.....WHAM...there I'll be with about 50 - 60 pounds off and then everyone will notice!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. My honey is the only one to notice my weight loss also. But his compliments mean the most to me anyway, so It works out fine. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!