this my my success story and it's continuing

Options
Yesterday I got the results of my lab work and I'm doing amazing

Dec A1C 6.9 205lbs tri 154

Aug A1C 5.5 177lbs tri 45!!!!!!

No metformin no starvation no excess cardio.

I still have a ways to go with my weight and I can finally add oats back in my diet, better carbs. I almost cried because sometimes I would want to quit and feel sorry for myself eat the pills and accept that way of life. I didn't and I'm so happy I didn't. I gave up beer, Birthday cake or any cake and some friends stopped calling. I just had remind myself that I have a chance to take my health back because some people don't have that opportunity. Im not letting personal ,family or friends get in my way.
I still have some heart issues but my cardiologist gave me to ok to work out just be mindful.

Being on mfp has helped me tremendously reading all the journeys the success and stumbles.
Sorry no pics

Replies

• challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    That is wonderul and those numbers are great...I know you were so happy to see them. I see your posts and your hard work each day and I hope you will continue with this attitude. :)
  • dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Such great news!!! You are doing awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • skanabar
    skanabar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring! I have insulin resistance and I do have metformin lying in my cabinet. But I dont want to take it !

Can you please share your meal and diet plan ?

I have a herniated disc injury so can't do any heavy workouts and i feel depressed since the weight doesnt move and blame it on my back !
  • facilitators1334
    Options
    My meal log is open to view. I haven't been to good at tracking everyday because (working on that). You should try what is good for you. Take a glucose reading after a new meal. Also consult your phsyician about excersize. Back problems are no joke. Try swimming, recumbent bicycle at a gym, low impact stuff. First and foremost ask your doctor.
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Please read my recent post. Maybe it will help you a little. I went the lower calorie and exercise route under medical supervision and it worked for me. I gave up all of the goodies for over a year now. I think you are on the right path to success. Keep up the good work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1061811-lost-282-in-12-months
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Well done! Glad you are getting your health back on track!
  • facilitators1334
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    excellent! thank you for this shot of motivation - i am working very hard to get my cholestrol numbers down (I am on meds) and to be able to get off the BP meds as well. I did manage to get my glucose back to a respectable number (it's always been at a good level but in the past year it's been rising to the borderline numbers and the previous blood test i was over by a few points. now it's back to the 80s and i am happy)
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Wowza!! Great job on getting your triglycerides down!
  • facilitators1334
    Options
    excellent! thank you for this shot of motivation - i am working very hard to get my cholestrol numbers down (I am on meds) and to be able to get off the BP meds as well. I did manage to get my glucose back to a respectable number (it's always been at a good level but in the past year it's been rising to the borderline numbers and the previous blood test i was over by a few points. now it's back to the 80s and i am happy)

Good damn job on getting your sugars down :D
    I am rooting for you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!