First goal accomplished :)

Options
This probably sounds silly, but when I let depression take over my weight gain I did not have the heart to buy new jeans. I found myself not fitting until even my previous "baggy" jeans would not button. I felt so ashamed and just ended up wearing sweats and buying new dress pants for work. Idk, I guess buying bigger jeans was like saying that this was my life now to be huge. It was not a very good time in my life.
Last night I got the nerve to try on my old baggy jeans. I did not expect it to get on since I haven't lost that much, but my partner and I gasped as the zipper zipped up. I almost started to cry, because I finally got out of that sweatpants prison.
So anyone else have an experience like this? I would love to hear your stories and what your first goals were/are.

Replies

• puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your lose so far!

I'm not sure if it was my first NSV, but it's one of my favorite. I went to New Orleans on a missions trip with my church back in '06 or '07. I bought a pair of pink athletic shorts for the trip because we had a dress code. I held onto these shorts for six years for some reason even though they didn't fit after that year. Just for the heck of it, I dragged them out of the box that was on my top shelf in my closet- and they fit! Now they're almost too big! I still can't figure out why I held onto them so long when they didn't fit, but I don't regret it.
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you and you're doing an amazing job. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!